Respected Contributor

She and LR are good personal friends. She could sell from her couch like LR.  Ask Johnnysbro.

Honored Contributor

@cracksterwrote:

If you notice, most women and men who have had a good deal of plastic surgery, appear to have  "very long faces", and sometimes their eyes seem to disappear. This might apply to Judith, I do not know her personally, or she could be ill.

@crackster  That’s a sweeping generalization. I assume it depends on the patient’s face and a good surgeon.

Honored Contributor

Are we discussing Judith Ripka’s jewelry or Judith Ripka’s “assumed” plastic surgery? The posts are getting confused.

Respected Contributor

Re: Madison Avenue Ripka

[ Edited ]

@shoekittywrote:

@cracksterwrote:

If you notice, most women and men who have had a good deal of plastic surgery, appear to have  "very long faces", and sometimes their eyes seem to disappear. This might apply to Judith, I do not know her personally, or she could be ill.@

@crackster

I dont buy the surgery, and long face thing.  Repeated surgery shortens the faceial skin.  The distance between the lower lio and chin seems shorter.  Jmho. I am surrounded by people who have had ps. Here in California, and I have friends in the business.  Depending on the original facial features of the surgeryee, lol, the small eye comes from injections under the eye.  Think first lady,and many others.  If you have hollow sockets, droopy under eye bags under eye, or want to lift cheeks a bit without surgery, the eye injections are what many do.  , they inject restylane, and a host of other gels under the eye.  I hate that look gone wrong.  The body absorbs the gell in about 6 months or sooner.  The idea is to fill the area flat, then gently lift the skin.  They also inject on the highest part of cheek.  

it pulls cheeks up, helps the upper lip line at the sides and eliminates or reduces the falling jowl look.  I am not brave enough to do cheek bones thing.  Although i heard they have something to break it up if it is too much.  I though about the under eye thing, as I have large eye sockets, bigger eyes. But, too scary for me. At 70. Heck to scary for me at 40, although I use botox and restylane to line my lip.  I. would never recommend the under eye thing to anyone with narrow, small eyes.  But, to each their own.

Everything you are describing sounds terrifying to me LOL!  Injections under the eye....EeeeeWWWeee! Nope....can't even think about that one. 

As for Judith I think she looks normal in that photo posted...for her age I don't see any work done....I see a normal aging jaw line and so on.  As for going blonde...I have a friend that did that as the upkeep with gray roots showing on her dark brown hair was just to much....blonde hides the gray.  

Also yes the prices for her line have gone sky high....I didn't even watch any shows prices way to high for what you are getting.

Trusted Contributor

I used to watch Judith in the earlier years and enjoyed her shows, along with her descriptions of her jewelery. I have a few of her earlier pieces that are well made and like the other poster think the quality was there, but, has declined. I do believe that while she sold her USA company, she still owns her International company. And, frequently acquiring companies keep the former particular on for a few years during the transition. I believe that is what happened to the Bare Minerals acquisition with Lesley and now she is no longer seen. Speaking of Lesley, she was good friends with Lisa R. I wonder if they still are so?