Esteemed Contributor

I live in NORTHERN CA. SONOMA COUNTY.  I HAVE VISITED THESE PLACES MANY TIMES IN MY 40 years here.  I cried and still as I write this For Those poor people, FIREFIGHTERS and Animals.  HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE.  THE NEWS MEDIA IS JUST SHOWING THIS FOR THE LAST TWO DAYS.. THEY WILL NOT LEAve these people alone.  One news caster asked an evacuation HOW DO YOU FEEL AND HOW BAD IS IT?  The lady looked at her and said,SERIOUSLY, LOOK AND SPREAD HER ARMS.  

PLEASE PRAY FOR THESE PEOPLE.   Sixty one acres , 20,000 evacuated and thousands of homes, not to mention livestock.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

The devastation in Middleton is horrific.  Good thoughts for the firefighters, medics, residents and animals.

Respected Contributor

l feel so bad for those affected by the fires.  They are losing everything they own.  The firefighters are so brave and have so much courage in fighting these fires.  There just isn't enough resources to get ahead of it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I can not watch the coverage on the fires.  It's beyond horrible to think what the people and wildlife are suffering.  Heartbreaking, frustrating.  Feel so helpless.  And the brave firefighters...beyond words.  My words seem so trite,but blessings to them all.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

My first summer camp is in the danger zone near Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks. Some of my favorite memories are from around that area and the trees in danger are some of the most beautiful trees in the country. The General Grant and Grant Grove are bring protected by a bulldozer line and sprinklers, but it's possible we'll lose trees close to 2,000 years old. The General Grant is the second largest tree in the world. We used to visit it every summer when we'd leave camp and go an on overnight to Kings Canyon. I will be so sad if my camp burns down, but at least it can be rebuilt. If we lose the General Grant, it's gone.

Friends from my camp have been monitoring the situation and posting updates on a camp alumnae Facebook page. They're set to have as reunion there later this month, so we'll see what happens. They're looking for an alternate location in case the fire is still raging or the camp is gone.

You can read more about the Grant Grove here: http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article35037252.html

Respected Contributor

Re: MY CALIFORNIA. BURNING

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

I was just writing this same report on another forum.  The fire is a true horror.

Only 100 miles from San Fransicso, some of our most beautful land has burned, about 65,000 acres so far.  So many families with nowhere to go, many in small tents wherever space can be found.

Pets have run away, large animals are at risk everywhere because there is no time for most to hitch a trailer for them, people have only minutes to get out. 

The fire is so hot, parts of cars have melted off.  Car bodies everywhere, like a scene out of a horror movie.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

I feel so bad for the whole area, it is all burning up. DH is a native N. Californian, and lived there, also we have visited these areas many times. My heart goes out to all there, These stupid reporters asking people who may have just lost everything, "how  bad is it?" Open your eyes and have some compassion.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

QVCADDICTION:

You might want to take down your other post, or at least edit out the text so you don't have two going at once.

Go up to the 3 dots at the top right of your post, click on it and choose the edit option or the delete option.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

I'm a West Coast girl and every summer it is heart-breaking to see these terrible fires. I can't even watch news coverage.  I know rain is due in some areas this week. Please pray for rain for our beautiful state and for all involved.