Respected Contributor

MODS...How Do You Get Into the Gamers Forum and where is it located? My Thread Was Moved There

Gamers Forum Request and Where is it located?  Thank you

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Re: MODS...How Do You Get Into the Gamers Forum and where is it located? My Thread Was Moved There

Good question.  Actually I don't understand why  a post needs to be moved.  Sometimes I have a strong idea about where I would llike my posts to be based on past experience.  Doesn't always follow the title of the forum.

Honored Contributor

Re: MODS...How Do You Get Into the Gamers Forum and where is it located? My Thread Was Moved There

@Perkup wrote:

Good question.  Actually I don't understand why  a post needs to be moved.  Sometimes I have a strong idea about where I would llike my posts to be based on past experience.  Doesn't always follow the title of the forum.

You have to page a mod and ask them to give you access to gamers.

Honored Contributor

You just ask them. Once you are in there, you will know why you need to request. There are lots and lots of posts. The threads are very long. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Perkup  I agree.  I really didn't think my thread was a 'game'.  I thought it more of a statement from a past experience.  And, why wouldn't everyone have access to the gamers forum?  We have so many forums listed on the left side of the page, why not one more? 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

I'm glad someone asked this question!  I looked and looked and thought "Why can't I find any forum called Gamers?"

We have to be admitted by a moderator?  Good heavens, what on earth goes on in that forum?  (Don't think I want to know.)

As to the thread that was moved, I thought it was more about nostalgia - like do kids today know how to use a rotary phone?  I didn't see what it had to do with "Gamers".  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It resides between Community Chat and Among Friends. Smiley Happy

But you won't see that until they set it up for you to see it. It is an extremely active forum.

Honored Contributor

Gamer threads normally have shorter, quick answers, either one answer or a short list of answers, and as a result they're constantly being bumped up to the top of the various forum pages in the same way that spamming/flooding does (disclaimer:  I'm not throwing shade on game threads and they are not spam -- this is just a description of the way they fill up the forums when active).   They're not really "discussion threads" since they move up so often and so quickly at times and push conversation threads down the page.

The old Community platform kept them separate and organized in the old "Gamers" sub-forum and the software didn't display them in the "Forum" and "View All Forum Topics" thread lists.   The new platform merged them all with other threads and it was nearly impossible to locate the discussion threads.   Those of us who were here in the first week saw the problem really quickly.

To clear up the mess, a separate "Gamers" sub-forum was added, all the game threads were moved there.   Anyone and everyone can have access simply by asking the QVC Social Team to add you to the group.   There used to be an ongoing thread here in Community Chat about this, and so most posters were aware -- I'm not sure what happened to it.

That was probably clear as mud...  I hope it made sense, anyway!🙃😛

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella

You can either post a thread in the 'Customer Care' forum, requesting they add you to the 'Gamers' forum, or you can email them at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com and make the request.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

Great explanation as usual!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.