Esteemed Contributor

Re: MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT SUNDAY

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Interesting reading through this thread and it was good to see that there are others who have found Sundays to be a rather strange day for them, as it has always been somewhat of an "off" day for me also and I never really understood why and still don't....I don't mean "off" in the sense of off from work or household chores, etc., but it just never felt right to me and I don't even know how to explain it....Are there any therapists here?...lol

My husband and I don't really have a regular schedule for Sundays...It just all depends on what is going on in our lives and whether we have anything planned, etc...So, I guess you could say it is an "anything goes" day most of the time.

My life feels more normal and settled on Monday through Saturday and then, when Sunday arrives, I feel like I've entered into another orbit...Again, I just feel "off"...It's strange, I know!

Okay, I'm "off" now!...lol

@MyShadowLove- I am your twin. 

@gidgetgh...I have a surprise for you!...I already have a twin which means that we are actually triplets!!!...lol

I just went back in the thread to refresh my memory on your post and your feelings about Sundays....Yours is easier to understand since you are retired and that can be quite an adjustment for most people....I have no explanation for mine whatsoever...I only know that I have felt this way since about in my 20's maybe...and that was so very looooong ago!

Hold on, I think I just figured it out....I got married in my 20's...left a good job and moved away from family and friends to my husband's home State...That's it!...I've been feeling "off" ever since!...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde. Hating what's happening to our "printed" memories.  Some of my favorite magazines have bit the dust....MORE which was the only one for women not 20-35 & before that was MIRABELLA. My local newspaper couldn't make it and was gobbled up by the big capital city  rag. They honor us w/ 3 pages near the the back on Sundays. We see the obituaries, movie schedule and a summary of local murders.

I fear we will all be reading books, newspapers and magazines only online. What a treat our future generations will never know...the smell of the printed word. 

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove. Sometimes Sundays feel rather like a forced day to relax & have fun. When we have no specific plans, I feel as though I wasted the day...self imposed by other's expectations, not mine. 

During the week I hear about who went sailing, took a weekend trip, visited friends & stayed overnight, went to a winery or experienced a new Bed and Breakfast nearby. Jealousy? Envy? Maybe a little. I just usually enjoy flying by the seat of my pants. Having plans on a free day seems like an oxymoron. 

I'll take my cozy bed, newspapers, maybe a movie...no plans, just whatever hits me about 5 minutes before doing it.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus, I have mixed feelings about digital media. I used to be a voracious reader and easily spent $100+ a month on books and magazines. But I did not like having to dispose of them in one way or another. They took up a lot of space. 

I adopted e-books early on and enjoy my Kindle and iPad. But I've never really embraced digital newspapers or magazines. I have magazine subs right now I keep forgetting to look at. Early on the formatting totally sucked. It's better now, but still ...

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Weekends definitely change meaning after you retire.  When you work you really look forward to them and have enough stuff to do to keep you busy.  When retired not so much.  I look forward to church and talking to friends but still is a long day. 

Frequent Contributor

Our Sunday's are a day of rest after church so it's time to enjoy life when we can.Smiley Happy