Honored Contributor

Re: MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT SUNDAY

I try to do some of my chores after work during the week (like laundry, house cleaning, grocery shopping). that way I have just a few finishing touches Saturday morning to get completed, then I get together with friends late Saturday afternoon or evening.....sometimes shopping, sometimes we go to a movie and either a lunch or dinner, sometimes we play cards or games.......Sunday I make time for church and afterwards in the fall its NFL time....the rest of the year it's just relaxing---reading, sometimes I cook, sometimes I order in, sometimes I'm watching a movie, playing games on the computer, sometimes these forums....its my day of recharging my battery for the week! 

cat-nap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I live in an area that gets a lot of tourists in summer. 

So, for me, Sundays are a day to stay in and do things around the house.

The weekdays are the peaceful ones, where I can go walking or hiking with my dog and it's quiet.  Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

Although retired, we both work PT a couple of days a week   Sunday is our day to stay home and relax.  We try not to even leave the house.   I have football and baseball to watch 9 months of the year so I'm happy.   Of course, I do that on Saturday and most nights too.   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I try to make a nice breakfast, read the paper, and attend church in the morning.  There are generally sports on in the afternoon.  I'll usually be in the room with DH as he watches, but I multitask and do other things too.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee. Now that you mention "60 Minutes", brings back those memories of incomplete homework, too.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde. We used to get The NY Times every Sunday...takes until the following Sunday to get through it. I loved the Book Review section and see what I could do if only I lived the big city life. 

Is that paper still delivered or have to go purchase it when I go out for my fresh bagels?

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Interesting reading through this thread and it was good to see that there are others who have found Sundays to be a rather strange day for them, as it has always been somewhat of an "off" day for me also and I never really understood why and still don't....I don't mean "off" in the sense of off from work or household chores, etc., but it just never felt right to me and I don't even know how to explain it....Are there any therapists here?...lol

My husband and I don't really have a regular schedule for Sundays...It just all depends on what is going on in our lives and whether we have anything planned, etc...So, I guess you could say it is an "anything goes" day most of the time.

My life feels more normal and settled on Monday through Saturday and then, when Sunday arrives, I feel like I've entered into another orbit...Again, I just feel "off"...It's strange, I know!

Okay, I'm "off" now!...lol

@MyShadowLove- I am your twin. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Moonchilde. We used to get The NY Times every Sunday...takes until the following Sunday to get through it. I loved the Book Review section and see what I could do if only I lived the big city life. 

Is that paper still delivered or have to go purchase it when I go out for my fresh bagels?

@Shanus for me it was the LA Times - which fell on very hard/lean times about 12 years ago and is pretty pointless now. Bought/sold multiple times. All the good reporters fired/laid off, ad revenue probably 95% down. It's a joke now, and has been for years. Good for bird cages and puppy training.

As far as I know, the NYT is for sure available by mail - I see ads for it frequently. But home delivery? I imagine so, but it's probably as much a nightmare as it was in LA. When I did have just the Sunday paper delivered, I got it maybe one time out of three. Probably a lot less hassle for you to pick one up on the bagel run.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

My sister loved a rainy Sunday.

She would stay in her pj's, spend the day in bed, surrounded by the newspapers and old black and white movies on the tv.

You just described a perfect day for me except I'll take a book instead of the newspapers!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Sundays! My husband and I go to church every Sunday and usually have lunch after church. Come home and get a few little things finished, and then usually grill out for dinner. We are both up super early in the mornings for work, so we are in bed by 830 or 9pm latest....Saturdays are more rushed and busy for us, so Sundays are more relaxed once we get home.....Also meant to say that Sunday evenings I dread, because it means the end of the weekend and the beginning of the work week! lol! When I was growing up, we all went to church on Sunday morning, and then came home had lunch and went visiting grandparents......