Honored Contributor

Re: MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT SUNDAY

I remember when the tick-tick-tick-tick of 60 Minutes filled me with dread.  It meant school on Monday and a mad dash to finish an assignment or study for a test.  Then it meant facing the work week.

60 Minutes

Now I just don't watch 60 Minutes.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I used to love settling in with a big, fat Sunday newspaper.  

@tansy

I still get the Sunday newspaper delivered.  

Honored Contributor

Why do I feel the 'need' to stay busy most of the time....it's a curse!

Honored Contributor

I don't do much, or plan anything, on Sundays.   It is my one day that I don't have to get up by 7:30, because my husband takes the dog out for their little adventure every Sunday morning.   Since the bird eats his breakfast much later, I usually stay in bed until around 9am.  

Then I get up and have an hour or so before they get back, so it's total quiet time for me.  Smiley Happy

Throughout the day I do little more than just the basic daily maintenance (keep the kitchen clean, etc).

I do like the week days best, since I don't work anymore and, for whatever weird reason in my weird head, the week days feel better to me.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I used to love settling in with a big, fat Sunday newspaper.  

@tansy

I still get the Sunday newspaper delivered.  

I should in order to support the paper but it's so skinny anymore😏.  @DiAnne

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I remember when the tick-tick-tick-tick of 60 Minutes filled me with dread.  It meant school on Monday and a mad dash to finish an assignment or study for a test.  Then it meant facing the work week.

60 Minutes

Now I just don't watch 60 Minutes.

Have you ever watched "My So-Called Life"?  Angela expressed a similar thought, only worse about the tick-tick-tick.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband works every Sunday so it is always just me, I like to leisurely finish up housework, read, watch DVR'd programs, page through the ads and cut out weekly coupons, make up a shopping list,  do my baking, just pretty much what I do every day of the week.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus like yours. 

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting reading through this thread and it was good to see that there are others who have found Sundays to be a rather strange day for them, as it has always been somewhat of an "off" day for me also and I never really understood why and still don't....I don't mean "off" in the sense of off from work or household chores, etc., but it just never felt right to me and I don't even know how to explain it....Are there any therapists here?...lol

My husband and I don't really have a regular schedule for Sundays...It just all depends on what is going on in our lives and whether we have anything planned, etc...So, I guess you could say it is an "anything goes" day most of the time.

My life feels more normal and settled on Monday through Saturday and then, when Sunday arrives, I feel like I've entered into another orbit...Again, I just feel "off"...It's strange, I know!

Okay, I'm "off" now!...lol

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Sunday has always held a special place in my heart.   A day of worship, all my life.   Even as infants, we were happily and lovingly entertained in the church nursery until we were old enough to understand and appreciate the surroundings, attend services.   I was very fortunate in that our family was active in the church and it was a small one that was a part of our community, so that was a foundation for which I'll always be grateful.   Treasured memories and I understand not everyone has those.   So, I carry that forward even when I've moved from one city to the next, even though some of my life has been and continues to be stressful, painful, and challenging.   I think we probably place too many expectations on ourselves, and then we find ourselves overworked, exhausted, and seldom able to slow down and appreciate those things and people we worked to hard to have in our lives.    I'll add my wish for all of you who read and post here to be well, and to find joy and serenity in the simple pleasures of life.   Remember...  you are valuable, and you deserve good things.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova