Respected Contributor

@RespectLife I don't know anything about union issues but I worked for DMV for over 30 years. DMV does not create regulations concerniing clean air. Most likely it was the Air Resources Board and DMV is carrying it out. That being said, if this world is to continue to be livable, sources of air pollution must be regulated. We are serious about it in California, I hope other states join in.

Frequent Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

I am STILL waiting for items that I ordered over a month ago!!!! (Muk Luk kids PJs, etc., and then there's the GILI TSV)

It was NEVER disclosed that these items would be an advanced order!

NOW, my order for the Muk Luk cabin socks indicates that they are an Advanced Order- WHAT???

I am shopping elsewhere at this point! I do not trust that QVC will deliver items on time.

The customer SHOULD BE INFORMED prior to purchasing AND, every TSV should include free shipping!

I understand your frustration and agree that advanced order should be stated clearly.  Disclaimers everywhere are meaningless to be honest when some of the hosts are consistent with informing if products are currently in stock, or to be an advanced order.

The advanced order ship dates at this point would cause me to not order.  Period, as past experience is that the date perpetually gets slipped.

I had one item I ordered that switched from in process to advanced order and I cancelled the order.  Obviously, the Q inventory system is unreliable.

Frequent Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

I am STILL waiting for items that I ordered over a month ago!!!! (Muk Luk kids PJs, etc., and then there's the GILI TSV)

It was NEVER disclosed that these items would be an advanced order!

NOW, my order for the Muk Luk cabin socks indicates that they are an Advanced Order- WHAT???

I am shopping elsewhere at this point! I do not trust that QVC will deliver items on time.

The customer SHOULD BE INFORMED prior to purchasing AND, every TSV should include free shipping!

@Tinkerbell3  None of those things you ordered are necessities for existence. If that's the worst of this pandemic for you then you are doing just fine.  I agree with the others; shipping and delivery delays have been well publicized since before you ordered those things. 

No, not necessities of life, but if they were not shown to be advanced orders when being presented, then the Q was negligent.  Many folks started their shopping early to avoid the issues, so they would have their gifts ready to go in plenty of time.  We're now mid November and I don't blame Tinkerbell3 for being upset that what she thought she would have by now has now be changed to advanced order.

Frequent Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Tinkerbell3 

Can't remember the last time I ordered from QVC, but my wife? I do order from Online Vendors. I have ordered items listed as "in stock", but then get a notice they are no longer "in stock, even though the order was processed. My credit card is never charged until item is ready to ship.

Also I receive, usually via email, an option for a refund or to cancel the item. I have done both depending on the item I ordered.

I take into considered my knowledge of a supply chain that has gotten worse over the months. Even things that originate in our country are even hard to get for the very same reason.

I opt not to blame the vendor when these occurrences arise. Even with computerized transactions there are split second lapses that do occur, which can make it impossible for anyone to have a 100% accurate merchandise count.

If and when I incur a problem with a particular vendor and I do conclude it is THEIR issue? If i can, i cancel that order, and that is the last time i do business with that vendor.

As for the customer "SHOULD BE INFORMED"? Exactly, if they are not aware of the present supply chain issues, THEY should get themselves INFORMED, via media at some point, because this issue has been present for at least a couple months at this point.

hckynut 

So basically everyone should just not expect to receive anything they've ordered no matter what the sales person says about availability because supply chain issues are well publicized?  No.  If it's not in the QVC warehouse, then the host needs to state that clearly and it should be prominantly marked as advanced order everywhere it's presented on air and on-line.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

@RespectLife I don't know anything about union issues but I worked for DMV for over 30 years. DMV does not create regulations concerniing clean air. Most likely it was the Air Resources Board and DMV is carrying it out. That being said, if this world is to continue to be livable, sources of air pollution must be regulated. We are serious about it in California, I hope other states join in.

@chessylady 

Clearly, no DMV make regulations.  The state does.  I didn't say the DMV was at the cause of the regulations.

We have to have a balance so businesses and people can continue to thrive.

That is a different debate and not appropriate for these forums.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a nightgown from Vermont Country Store so DH would have something to give me.  Yes, I have one of those guys.  It very plainly stated on the item page that their supplier would ship the item to me on 11/24.  Then it was restated on the order page.  No surprises.  

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife   I agree with you in part but SOME THINGS have arrived and are in stock, so the customer should be told if anything they are ordering is not in stock at that time...to me that is just good business practice.

Super Contributor

its happened to me several times recently and unless I really want he item, I cancel it. If its mentioned when I order, thats one thing, but most are not.