Esteemed Contributor

Customers should be told if it's an advanced order. Otherwise, it means they have the product.

Frequent Contributor

@Tinkerbell3  I know what you mean.  Several people are on here making comments like "oh, as if you didn't know about the supply chain disruption" and implying you're an idiot.

In the meantime, I've heard David Venable and other hosts repeatedly volunteering during their shows that they are selling items they already have in their warehouse right now so we don't need to worry about supply chain disruptions interferring with holiday shopping from QVC.  Their inventory is not on a shipping container indefinitely parked out in the ocean somewhere so there will be no problem getting it to you in a timely manner.  That's what I have heard QVC telling shoppers.  When your experience is inconsistent with that story, I think you have the right to ask questions.

Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I know, @RespectLife 

I am just completely suffering and crying because my new doormat with an abstract pine forest design from The Company Store is delayed. I'm suffering because my doormat right now has beach chairs on it! Woman LOL

I think it's this culprit:

969A6AEC-F5F3-4430-BDE2-C32460E113B4.jpeg

What a darling kitty.   And that's just what they do!

Honored Contributor

@eaesquire wrote:

@Tinkerbell3  I know what you mean.  Several people are on here making comments like "oh, as if you didn't know about the supply chain disruption" and implying you're an idiot.

In the meantime, I've heard David Venable and other hosts repeatedly volunteering during their shows that they are selling items they already have in their warehouse right now so we don't need to worry about supply chain disruptions interferring with holiday shopping from QVC.  Their inventory is not on a shipping container indefinitely parked out in the ocean somewhere so there will be no problem getting it to you in a timely manner.  That's what I have heard QVC telling shoppers.  When your experience is inconsistent with that story, I think you have the right to ask questions.

@eaesquire 

I don't think anyone is implying or saying that anyone is an idiot.  Those are YOUR words.

When DV or any other host is stating that an item is IN their warehouse...they are tallking about THAT item.

NOT every single thing they show on air or online!!!

Supply chain issues are not JUST the cargo in the ships, it also includes the lack of staffing at warehouses, proceessing centers and the trucking problems especially in CA due to their unfair regulations.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Gosh, I would think that we all knew about the Unexpected supply  chain problems.

The disclaimer is shown all over.

It's gonna happen, not only here but other vendors.  The only way to be 100% is to purchase IN a store, any online could be risky.

I have a sweater coming from Chico's for 2 mos. now.

You all just don't shop the correct stores. I never have any "unexpected supply chain problems". Never. Whenever I do shop online I get my packages in 2-3 days without paying anything extra. Waiting 2 months for something? I wouldn't shop any store that does that. 

Good grief, it isn't the only sweater I will have, so why not wait if it is something I like/want?

Nothing I order is life sustaining..those are bought at Wegman's!

Love Wegmans.  One of the very few things I miss in PA.  

Honored Contributor

and the excuses are getting old that's why I shop reliable stores.

I placed order from Macys on Monday around 11 pm -- delivered today at 5, ordered from Ulta Saturday delivery tomorrow ...

I also posted to customer care because IMO 9 days waiting for pick up from shipper is ridiculous of course, can't cancel.  

I laughed watching ITK tonight David going on and on about that"sling" for your turkey ...maybe for Christmas cuz sure won't be there by Thanksgiving, IMO.  And he stressed "ready to ship"🙄

Honored Contributor

I would think by now people would get that qvc is not going  be the most reliable option. It was bad before and it's not going to get better during the busy shipping season. Seems silly to complain when you know better and keep doing it anyway. 

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife  i live in California, what unfair regulations are you referring to?

Honored Contributor

Delays is the new name of the game. All those large items, may still be setting out on the waters, waiting for drivers that are in short supply.  It's a given now.  No matter who you work with.  We're running into it all the time.  The time for patience is now, it's all we have.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady 

AB5 enacted 1/2020 makes it nearly impossible for Independent Truck owners to operate in CA.

Over 10,000 operators that own or lease their own rigs and do NOT work for a Union Trucking company are not able to work at the ports in LA and Long Beach.

They are seeking work elsewhere....thus adding to the shipping problem.  Long haul truckers have owned their own rigs and worked independently forever.  CA wants them to work FOR Union Fleets and not themselves.

The CA DMV also will not renew registrations on trucks/rigs older than 2011.  Clean air regulations.  Again, the truckers are seeking work elsewhere.

There is not a shortage of truckers as much as there is a shortage of truckers CA will allow to work.