Respected Contributor

I thought they were suppose to get married in the spring.  Maybe they did and kept it private.  Mandy Patinkin was on with them in May and congratulated them on their upcoming nuptials in a few weeks..and they said to him Shhh or something to that effect.  

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Joe interrupts everyone, and rarely lets Mika complete a full sentence. They were supposed to be married this past spring but apparently that never happened. I’ve started wondering whether this office romance has gone the same route as so many others. My daughter went with a guy from work for two years. After she broke up with him, seeing him at work was extremely awkward. Unlike Mika, my daughter still has to show up at the office. Mika has been on just a few times this summer, but not when Joe was on.

@Vivian, I don't watch Morning Joe, I do watch Hard Ball With Chris Matthews. He'll ask a question and then interrupts and doesn't let his guest answer the question!

Esteemed Contributor

Jordan2, I have often wondered what would happen if Joe Scarborough and Chris Matthews tried to hold a conversation. Each one would likely talk above the other. I wish producers of each program would read these guys the riot act. And if they think they are feminists, both Joe and Chris need some education.

Honored Contributor

1. @Vivian wrote:

Jordan2, I have often wondered what would happen if Joe Scarborough and Chris Matthews tried to hold a conversation. Each one would likely talk above the other. I wish producers of each program would read these guys the riot act. And if they think they are feminists, both Joe and Chris need some education.

@Vivian, Chris Matthews is also a loud talker! If these two got together neither one would get a word in edge wise!
Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch any of the cable shows anymore.

I come here for all of my news.

Esteemed Contributor

My complaints about Joe Scarborough are the same as my complaints about Chris Matthews. They are both enamored with the sound of their own voices. They ask questions of their guests and then butt in while the guest tries to answer. Ugh! As for Mika and Joe....he's been married several times. Bad risk. I'd stick with the romance while it lasts and not take a chance on another failing marriage.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch cable programs unless they are reruns.  And these people you mention the one time I did accidentally tune in I hurried to get away from their endless chatter. 

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

She's got two daughters that are college age, I believe. She probably took her vacation to get them settled in schools.  I don't miss her. She's so grumpy and negative all the time.. it must be exhausting to be like that.

@house_cat- one of her daughters graduated in May from Johns Hopkins.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Yes, watching Joe and Chris Matthews can make you nuts.....their questions are longer than the guests are allowed to answer.  Makes me crazy, especially when you want to hear the answer.  It would be quiete a challenge for the 2 of them to be on the same show!!!  Mika can hold her own with Joe.  I like that she is more concise then he and gets to the point more quickly!!!

Esteemed Contributor

The only morning news show I enjoy watching. Only watch local news when I'm curious about snow and tornado weather reports. Everyone holds their own on Morning Joe and I enjoy their varied guests. Especially like Willie Geist -- voice of reason, IMO. Hope Joe & Mika run off and get married, don't announce it until it's done. No one needs editorial comments from people who don't care about them. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau