Respected Contributor

MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Here we go again! non-stop Medicare ads till the end of the year!! (Now I know why Elvis shot his tv.)

STOP IT!!!!!! Robot Mad

Respected Contributor

I know what you are saying. I change the channel for 2 minutes, put the tv on mute, get up and do a short task, read until my show goes back on. I refuse to listen.

Honored Contributor

Re: MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

[ Edited ]

I feel the same way about the political candidates' ads full of lies and deception.  The audio on my tv is on mute half of the time.  Come on November 8th.

Valued Contributor

The barrage of Medicare Advantage ads is both annoying and confusing!

The insurance companies certainly recognize that seniors on Medicare are a large and profitable market or they wouldn't be spending all that money on these non stop commercials.  However, After Open Enrollment we become invisible again.  They aren't interested in what we watch, we don't count in the ratings.  We are usually only represented on shows as the wisecracking crotchety old aunt-uncle-grandparent who gets a zinger in once a week.  This lucrative market spends money on more than Medicare supplements!  We deserve a lot more than Joe Namath and Jimmy Walker 

pestering us for three months a year!

One of the most intelligently written and beautifully performed (by the entire ensemble cast!) shows was "Mom".  Once the cute little blonde left the show and the cast was all over 50, they cancelled that show right quick.  At the time it was the 7th highest rated comedy on TV.  It outrated about 12 other shows that stayed on because they had better demographics (code for no old folks watching.)  

They should get that cast together and make entertaining Medicare Advantage commercials!

Honored Contributor

I see Medicare ads all year around.  I don't think they're any more plentiful now than they are the rest if the year.  Maybe they're on channels I don't watch.

I've seen a huge increase in Medicare junk mail but its no problem as I stop at the garbage can on my way into the house.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm more bothered by the political ads and the Camp LeJeune ads.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I see Medicare ads all year around.  I don't think they're any more plentiful now than they are the rest if the year.  Maybe they're on channels I don't watch.

I've seen a huge increase in Medicare junk mail but its no problem as I stop at the garbage can on my way into the house.

It depends on what channel you're watching.  Cozi is tha absolute worst during the day.  If it's not an Open Enrollment then it's Persil laundry detergent.  That's it, the only 2 ads they air.

Esteemed Contributor

I see old Martha has a new ad too. 

Esteemed Contributor

I can't stand the medicare ads with Jimmy Walker telling us to    CALL NOWWWW!   It is so annoying.  

Honored Contributor

but don't you need to call so you can check your zipcode?