Contributor

My ivory Luminara candles are all getting red blotches around the outside surface--looks and acts like a bad rash coming and spreading from within! These are not new candles but not abused. My friend started having the same issue on one of hers as well.  I tried to wash to no avail. This is seriously weird to me.......

Honored Contributor

I never had ivory, but it sure does sound strange.  Haven't had discoloration on any of my candles, but it might be difficult to see on green and red.   

I'll refer you to Luminara's customer service to ask them.  They are only taking emails now.  

CustomerService@Luminara.com.

Contributor

The same thing is happening to my white Luminara candles.  It looks like they are really red but covered in a thin coat of white wax.  Crazy!  

Contributor

Oh NO! My white will be next!

Honored Contributor

That's very disheartening.  I have just started buying Luminara flameless candles, and they're all ivory.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have ivory candles, no red spots.  Contact luminara.  I wonder if it's the inside showing.  I received a candle that the was shell separated from the inners.  The wax shell is very thin.

Contributor

Update--After several emails back and forth with Luminara customer service, as well as providing, at their request, pictures of the outside and inside of 5 ivory candles, their response was that they probably picked up the color from  my red Luminara candles sitting over a foot apart from them, but on the same mantle, out of the air.  Really!  Since this original post, I have had 2 tall white Luminara pillars develop the same phenomenon--and they are a fairly recent purchase that weren't even displayed--but still out of warranty.  Just FYI. 

Honored Contributor

@Nickname new   Very strange that red Luminara coloring can be contagious!  Do you store them next to each other?

I have only ivory candles, so it's a relief to know they probably won't get the "rash."

Honored Contributor

Luminara measles? Pull the other one, Luminara.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Contributor

They are stored in the same cupboard but not touching.  I'm at a loss. A friend has had the same red "rash" on her light blue pillars. Hopefully the new manufacturer has improved the longevity of the candles.  Also, I have many colors in close proximity and no "rash" is a different color!