Contributor

We went to Walmart and shocked to see no social distancing, no one way arrows and maybe half the people wore masks. 

Masks for the majority of the newly unemployed might not be high on their list of things to get especially since it requires an online purchase and thorough search. 

So not fair because everyone should have masks....at least have that option. Depends on where you live if it's mandatory.  We will sure be wearing one everywhere we go until theraputic meds are developed which from the sound of it will come before a vaccine. 

Walmart did have paper goods, 1 per customer, fine for us and happy to see their shelves stocked in the middle of the day. 

Honored Contributor

What do they do to stores that don't comply?  Put the managers in jail?  

At least this store should be given a chance to correct things before being closed...if there hadn't been a previous warning.

Some of the states are acting like dictators trying to establish a police state.  Not being able to cut their grass?  Being stopped and fined for taking a ride in their cars with no intentions of stopping anywhere?

A few were stopped for taking a walk in their neighborhoods.  

One person on a beach was told to go home.  One person!

Respected Contributor

They are offering free shipping with no minimum on the website.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

DH and I went to Menards, they were taking a head count as we went in.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, in my opinion they need to do something like that where I live. Everytime me or dh goes by there, it is packed. I go by on my way to wal mart and the post office.

They seem to have more customers than they did before this pandemic hit.

Dh says its cause men are off work and doing honey do's. I don't know. I wouldn't have mine going in there, unless we had sort of some emergency, but thats just me.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

What do they do to stores that don't comply?  Put the managers in jail?  

At least this store should be given a chance to correct things before being closed...if there hadn't been a previous warning.

Some of the states are acting like dictators trying to establish a police state.  Not being able to cut their grass?  Being stopped and fined for taking a ride in their cars with no intentions of stopping anywhere?

A few were stopped for taking a walk in their neighborhoods.  

One person on a beach was told to go home.  One person!

This Lowe's had been warned repeatedly, they will open when they comply.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

We have several stores in our NC area - Food Lion, Bi-Low, Walmart, Aldi, and a bit further away is Publix and Harris Teeter. 

Going to Food Lion scares me.  No one-way isles and a ton of folks in the store yesterday, most not masked.  I'm more comfortable with Publix at this point but lots of non-food items or the same canned goods are less expensive at Food Lion. 

It's a 30-32 mile round trip to Publix since we live in the country and Food Lion is about half that distance. And since there are items we can't find at Publix, we will probably continue to go to both storres. 

I wore a one-time disaposable mask purchased off ebay, but found it made my nose run......so allergic to everything. 

I go to my Food Lion in the middle of the week and I arrive when they open at 7 AM. There's usually only three or four people there in the entire store..