Honored Contributor

I was at Lowe’s this morning buying plants , and when I was in line to check out, I noticed the older gentleman in front of me was disabled and struggling. The young woman cashier was very kind to him, thanked him for his service and made sure he had help to his car. It was just a nice moment.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

From what I've noticed, the employees at Lowe's are courteous and thoughtful to all customers. They are especially helpful to those with physical or other challenges. Lowe's must have an excellent Training Course for all employees. The kindness is apparent when shopping in their stores.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

We had a great exeperiece at our local Lowes shortly after they opened, we bought a peice of wood that we needed cut both length and width wide and the person made the cuts at no charge to us

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

The employees at Lowes are so much more helpful and courteous than those at Home Depot. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I was at Lowe’s this morning buying plants , and when I was in line to check out, I noticed the older gentleman in front of me was disabled and struggling. The young woman cashier was very kind to him, thanked him for his service and made sure he had help to his car. It was just a nice moment.

I love this story.

Lowes (and HD) are both great about giving a 10% military discount.

Respected Contributor

I just read on Facebook that a disabled Vet could not find employment as he had to have his service dog with him to help him - Lowe’s employed both of them.  Great people.

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I love this story.

Lowes (and HD) are both great about giving a 10% military discount.

Our local HD only gives the 10% discount to military on a few selected holidays such as Memorial Day and 4th of July.    

Our Lowe's gives the discount every day of the year.   The only shortcoming in our local Lowe's is that they seldom have a decent selection of what we need.   Most of the time we need to go to HD for our needs.    My husband says some of the Lowe's products such as their plumbing items aren't the best quality.  A lot of it is imported from China and very cheaply made.   

Honored Contributor

just don't take out a extended warranty with them on appliances. It starts on day of purchase, voiding out the 1 yr manufacturers warranty.

I got burned bad.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/WORD-TO-THE-WISE-IF-YOU-HAVE-A-WASHING-MACHINE/m-p/54702...

Valued Contributor

I need to have my home measured for shades and was going to Home Depot....I’ll be going to Lowe’s now

Valued Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

just don't take out a extended warranty with them on appliances. It starts on day of purchase, voiding out the 1 yr manufacturers warranty.

I got burned bad.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/WORD-TO-THE-WISE-IF-YOU-HAVE-A-WASHING-MACHINE/m-p/54702...

@SharkE. I may be wrong, but I think that's an across the boards, all stores, certainly not exclusive to Lowes, way extended warranties work. 

IMHO extended warranties are a money maker for manufactures, and not consumer friendly.  Whenever I'm buying an appliance, a car, a vacuum cleaner, etc. and the sales folks start pushing (and I mean PUSHING) an extended warranty, my response is, "wow, if you think I should be paying an additional xxx amount of dollars to buy this warranty, it must not be a great product."  And then I walk away.  Their mouths inevitably hit the floor.  Research what you want to purchase first,  prior to buying.  I have never once fell for that "extended warranty" money grab.  And people that I know have, found it to be a rip-off when they've tried to use it.