Esteemed Contributor

The employees at Lowes are very accommodating and helpful.  We had a similar experience when I was trying to push my husband’s wheelchair through the store and pull a cart full of items behind me.  I was beginning to wonder if I was going to make it when a Lowes employee came over to help.  They helped us through the line and loaded everything in the car.  I was so appreciative of their assistance. 

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

just don't take out a extended warranty with them on appliances. It starts on day of purchase, voiding out the 1 yr manufacturers warranty.

I got burned bad.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/WORD-TO-THE-WISE-IF-YOU-HAVE-A-WASHING-MACHINE/m-p/54702...

I doubt this is unique to Lowes.  Read the fine print and ask questions and you won't get burnt.

Esteemed Contributor

I recently purchased an extended warranty on my new dishwasher because the warranty that comes with it doesn’t include the service charge that can be $100. 

My old one needed a part when it was under warranty and it would have paid that! The new warranty wasn’t very expensive and things aren’t made as well now.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I was at Lowe’s this morning buying plants , and when I was in line to check out, I noticed the older gentleman in front of me was disabled and struggling. The young woman cashier was very kind to him, thanked him for his service and made sure he had help to his car. It was just a nice moment.

I love this story.

Lowes (and HD) are both great about giving a 10% military discount.

Our local HD only gives the 10% discount to military on a few selected holidays such as Memorial Day and 4th of July.    

Our Lowe's gives the discount every day of the year.   The only shortcoming in our local Lowe's is that they seldom have a decent selection of what we need.   Most of the time we need to go to HD for our needs.    My husband says some of the Lowe's products such as their plumbing items aren't the best quality.  A lot of it is imported from China and very cheaply made.   

@J Town Girl   The Holiday Match is for all military personnel.

The Everyday Match is for active, reserve, retired, disabled vets, and their dependents.

Both are 10% discounts.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh