Respected Contributor

Found an organic company that guarantees their work. It costs $199 for initial inspection and spray inside and outside.

They also want to do the spraying every 3 months for $100 each time. This is costly.

I have no idea the cost of exterminators since never needing them before.

Does this sound expensive to you?  I could pay the first payment but cant pay every 3 months!!

Esteemed Contributor

What's bugging you?

(ants - stink bugs - ?)

Respected Contributor

@fthunt   ants of all types,  bugs i have no clue what they are. moved a few months ago to new place in the country.   problem is cant have chemical sprays.

Super Contributor
I have that same arrangement and it is costly, but if another problem comes up in between visits he takes care of it at no charge. That somehow makes it worth keeping him around.
Esteemed Contributor

Nope - I wouldn't sign up for future service.  We had ants for years - removed all the wood chips in the garden (ants love those where it's cool).......Got exterminator and showed him the active area (basement near window and top of foundation cement.  Coming up to kitchen.

One application $300 - $400 and that's all it took.  Ants were gone.  They guaranteed their work so would come back for free if one application didn't work.  Never saw another ant.  If your service doesn't take care of problem - call another company and get a guarantee deal if you can.  Let us know how it goes.

Respected Contributor

That would come to a total of $500 per year which doesn't sound outrageous.  Can you cancel before a year is up if you don't feel the follow-up visits are necessary? 

Esteemed Contributor

@FlowerBear   My bug man uses regular spray outside only for ants. Charges $80. He also uses ant traps to kill the Queen. If I see an ant or bug inside I’ll spray with Home defense. But if you can’t use regular spray you can try the ant traps. 

The organic company probably charges more (they do for fertilizer). You could ask if they will do the initial inspection for $100 rather than $199. They just might do it to get you to sign up. It can’t hurt to ask!

Be sure they clean around your gutters and outside windows & doors, it should be included.

Honored Contributor
No. The pricing sounds appropriate. We live on an anthill so we have a contract service every 60 days.
Honored Contributor

Anything "organic" is always more expensive than "non-organic."

Since they "guarantee" their services, I would ask for a list of the incrediants they use to kill insects.  Do research on each incrediant (if you have an Echo device, its easier to just ask) to confirm its truely "organic."

Remember......"You get what you pay for." Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I live in the South where bugs are just a way of life here, unfortunately!  Our pest control guy sprays outside, once a month, year round, for $37 a month, and it is well worth it!