Esteemed Contributor

My exterminator comes once a month between April & September. He sprays inside & outside & charges me $20 a month, no contract. If I have a problem in between he comes back at no charge.

Regular Contributor

We have Terminix come 4 times a year.  We pay 97.00 a visit and well worth it to me.  Living here in Georgia we get those king kong size cockroaches and the only time I want to see them is belly up along side the house.  I only have them come in when I have an ant promblem.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Exterminators??

[ Edited ]

@nekodaisy wrote:

Living here in Georgia we get those king kong size cockroaches and the only time I want to see them is belly up along side the house.

And those jokers fly!  Never in my life have I seen a flying cockroach. And the wing span....faint.gif

My daughter & her family live in Jawga.  The first time I saw one of those things I d@mn near had a heart attack on top of a stroke!!!!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Nope that sounds about what we pay. Worth evey penny not to have invasions of ants in my house.

Respected Contributor

thank you for your replies!!  Smiley Happy  still undecided but know that the cost is not affordable for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Look into Terro ant bait.  I use it indoors and it's quite effective.  There are also outdoor stations to buy.  

You'll never eradicate ants, but you can corral them to areas outside your immediate living zone.

They actually do great things for the soil and garden, though yes, they can certainly be a nuisance and do damage in the home.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Sounds about right.  I pay $360/yr for quarterly service..  That's the cost if I pay the whole year at once or it's about $100 more.  I never have to be home unless I want them to physically come inside to spray bc this house is only 3 years old and built with a pest control system (a very small device is attached on either side of house).  

Guy comes, cleans cobwebs and sprays around the exterior foundation.  Before leaving he sprays down into each of the devices on the side of the house (it's called a TAEXX system).  Those devices are connected to tubes running inside the walls of the house.  This is a relatively new house and all homes in the community were built with this pest control system.  I like that I never have to be home unless I have an issue and need them to come bc of an infestation but I really like that the inside is being treated without them actually physically spraying inside.  When done, they leave an invoice in the door showing they've been there and the compound makeup of the spray used.  Have never seen a bug in the home.

Respected Contributor

I never sign a contract with an exterminator.  I don't have an insect problem.  I have always had an exterminator spray the exterior only of my home about every 3 months.  

This keeps the insects away.

Respected Contributor

When I got fed up with too many spiders trying to share my living space, I looked up professional strength DIY solutions.  I found something called Suspend (and have since bought the same active ingredients in something called Dfense from Amazon) that comes in a concentrate that I mix with water and have a little pump sprayer that I use.  It's good for lots of insects besides spiders.  Every month or so (less often in winter) I go around the outside perimeter of my foundation, around all doors and windows.  The only time I find a bug inside is when it's dead.  The stuff is strong, invisible, odorless and lasts several months.  The label says it's safe around people and pets, but I still use it only outside as an extra precaution.  It's a very affordable solution to having someone come out and do it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Exterminators??

[ Edited ]

5 years after we built this house, we had termites emerge in our crawl space, and had the proper treatment done, which cost $750.   We have paid a yearly fee and have a yearly inspection to keep that coverage in effect.

5 years ago the brown wood spiders were the worst we’d ever seen, so we had the same company start a monthly spray.   We did not have to pay anything to start this additional service, just the $40 fee per month.   I am in WV.