Esteemed Contributor

Lots of Power Outages Yesterday

[ Edited ]

I was listening to Broadcastify yesterday and last night, and the dispatch persons was getting calls like you wouldn't believe!

Lots of downed power lines, transformers fires, trees were blown over, branches blocking, or partially blocking roads.

Those hardworking linemen really earned their pay yesterday, with repairing and replacing all of the downed lines that the wind caused.

Me? I lost power for about 3 seconds. Just long enough to have to reset a couple of clocks.

I had a tree branch fall and land in my side yard with a loud boom.

This is Northwestern California, along the coast.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Lots of Power Outages Yesterday

Here where we live (Michigan in the woods) we get a lot of outages. Thats why we have a Generac. It is great.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry for your troubles, but please give your general location when talking about weather related issues.  

I am in NJ and there is no extreme weather nearby so I have no idea where these outages are occurring.  Thank you.

edited:  my post was directed to the original poster.

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

Sorry for your troubles, but please give your general location when talking about weather related issues.  

I am in NJ and there is no extreme weather nearby so I have no idea where these outages are occurring.  Thank you.

Sorry about that.

Northwestern California, along the coast.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.