Contributor

Does it bother anyone besides me that Lori Goldstein refers to everyone as "you guys"?

I am not a" guy" and do not want to be called by that word.  How many "guys" are watching her?  

Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I don't mind being referred to as "you guys". Actually, I'm guilty of the same thing if I'm being honest.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Goldstein

[ Edited ]

@Dobilyn  no, I do this with friends at times and they are perfectly fine with it.

Trusted Contributor

I prefer it to " the ladies" which sounds like it is straight out of the 50s.

Honored Contributor

No it doesn't bother me or affect my life at all. This is the third or fourth time I have read this same complaint.

Honored Contributor

You guys is perfectly acceptable in my opinion. That is all. Good evening. 

Respected Contributor

It doesn't bother me.   I say it myself 

Super Contributor

@Dobilyn wrote:

Does it bother anyone besides me that Lori Goldstein refers to everyone as "you guys"?

I am not a" guy" and do not want to be called by that word.  How many "guys" are watching her?  

No, this does not bother me. It's something I say myself. It's aother way of saying ya'll . . lol (I'm from the South).

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Esteemed Contributor

Yes - I hate it - and I hear it everywhere - the weather channel - FOX news - and on and on.  I've never used that phrase and never will.

Honored Contributor

It's always been my preferred way of referring to females, since I don't like "You women" and really don't like "You ladies." It's also handy for referring to a mixed group.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland