Respected Contributor

It doesn't bother me because I never watch her long enough to hear her speak. 

Valued Contributor

"You Guys" is very lazy speech and I do notice her using  it a lot, like every young waiter/waitress.

When dining out with DH and asked, "What do you guys want?", I often respond, "I don't know what the Guy wants, but the Lady would like....."

Unfortunately I am usually met with a blank expression.

Honored Contributor

No. There was a thread recently about this. I say it.

Honored Contributor

I don't use the term, but it doesn't bother me being called it.

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't bother me at all. Generally, people who use the phrase are friendly. Not lazy, ignorant fools, but kind, outgoing, friendly people. There are way too many other things to complain about in the world. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Dobilyn wrote:

Does it bother anyone besides me that Lori Goldstein refers to everyone as "you guys"?

I am not a" guy" and do not want to be called by that word.  How many "guys" are watching her?  

@Dobilyn  I started a thread on this a while ago and it got so contentious between who was bothered by it and who wasn't that the Mods deleted the thread!

It bothers me. I'm not a guy.    I think there was a generation gap in opinion: the younger posters here didn't mind and the older ones did (generally).  I'm a senior and a professional and I don't like being addressed as "you guys."  I think Lori should realize what demographic is buying her clothes and address her audience with a little more respect than she does.

Respected Contributor

"You guys" is becoming a gender neutral term.   That's just the way it is.  

Trusted Contributor

No, doesn't bother me at all.

Trusted Contributor

It bothers me when anybody says it.  It's like nails on a chalkboard.  I have a family member who says it constantly when we're all together usually dinning out.  It's "you guys" this and "you guys" that. 

Super Contributor

No, I actually really like that about her.  She seems like a person I'd like to be friends with. I always call my friends or family you guys LOL!

Mint