Honored Contributor

Re: Looks Like Overnight Repeat Programming Continues Through 11/17

@gidgetgh wrote:

During the height of holiday shopping..... a time when if I were a retailer I'd want to throw everything including the kitchen sink out there as potential items for customers to buy.........QVC decides to show reruns several hours a day. Interesting strategy. 

@gidgetgh 

There's just no rhyme or reason for what they are doing......🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don't see a problem with them doing this,most people are sleeping.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I think QVC execs have misunderstood the concept of binge-watching. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I didn't watch overnight so don't really have a horse in this race, but do find it sort of curious and ridiculous that they'd choose to repeat the same show for hours on end. If they wanted to 'go to the video' the least they could do is repeat different shows. There's precious little enough variety offered on air as it is. I  pretty much stopped watching QVC several years ago when the on air offerings and the brands on which they focus seemed to be largely very redundant and overall pretty stale. My perspective is this is nothing more than the latest in a series of missteps perpetrated by QVC's management.

@steviebthis is what I don't understand either.  If they want to run repeats during overnight hours fine.  But why would you run the exact same show for hours on end.  That doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper 

I just dont understand some people's thinking, its not just insomniacs or night owls that are watching during these late night hours....In this age of businesses and services that are open 24/7 there are a lot of occupations that work odd hours now....also hospital personnel, military, even insurance company Claim Adjustors....even lawyers offer 24/7 service.....

And doesn't 7AM seem a bit late too to resume programming ...what about people in the Eastern & Central Time Zones that are up and getting ready for work etc......

@Spurt, I never said I thought only insomniacs and night owls watched overnight programming.  I said that is when I would watch overnight hours.  I am well aware of various working hours and shifts.  But if one is working during overnight hours, chances are they aren't doring much tv watching or ordering.   For me personally, even if I have QVC on while I get ready for work, I never stop and order because I don't have time.  I know not everyone is like that but there are some of us who have it on as background noise and nothing else.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper 

I just dont understand some people's thinking, its not just insomniacs or night owls that are watching during these late night hours....In this age of businesses and services that are open 24/7 there are a lot of occupations that work odd hours now....also hospital personnel, military, even insurance company Claim Adjustors....even lawyers offer 24/7 service.....

And doesn't 7AM seem a bit late too to resume programming ...what about people in the Eastern & Central Time Zones that are up and getting ready for work etc......

@Spurt, I never said I thought only insomniacs and night owls watched overnight programming.  I said that is when I would watch overnight hours.  I am well aware of various working hours and shifts.  But if one is working during overnight hours, chances are they aren't doring much tv watching or ordering.  

I think they should go back live at 6:00 a.m.  But again, I'm guessing there is a reason they are doing this that has to do with sales numbers.

@Lipstickdiva 

I wasnt addressing my response to you...I am so sorry if it looked that way....I apologize.....  Everytime this topic comes up there are many posts that say that this time of the night is when people should be sleeping ....or they mock people that watch during this time.  I was just incorporating my thoughts from many of the overall comments from serveral threads aiming snark at late night shoppers...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

THE SLEEP POLICE KEPT POPPING UP!  iS THIS A NEW PROFESSION?

It's one thing to say you don't care, doesn't bother you, I don't watch,  so what about the change.

However, several of them can't leave it alone and must add a slap or jab at or even berate  those of us who express our opinions about it.

Regular Contributor

Yesterday on a QVC Facebook page (not "the" QVC page) one of the moderators said she had been told that QVC made a financial decision to continue with the reruns until December 31. If that's true and QVC is going to run pre-recorded programs all through the holiday shopping season, I don't see it going back live 24/7 after. Hopefully they will at least vary the reruns and not show the same TSV over and over and over...

Frequent Contributor

QVC will continue overnight repeat programming until 12/31/19.  It was supposed to only last for 4 weeks but they keep extending it.  Their profits are way down and they are trying to cut costs.