Trusted Contributor

Re: Looks Like Overnight Repeat Programming Continues Through 11/17

It's a sign of things to come.  QVC is moving towards an online store with limited presentations in order to compete with giant companies like Amazon.  They had to be losing money with overnight programming or they wouldn't have made this move.  I'm disappointed that live shows don't start up until 7 since I like to check early shows when I get up in the morning.  I'm not interested in looking at the TSV a half dozen times.  In fact, I don't watch any shows that present the TSV ad nauseum.  I can look at the home page to find out the info I want to know.  

Many years ago, hosts presented items without vendors or if they had vendors, they usually worked on homey, comfortable sets and it felt like they were in my living room visiting with me.  I used to watch Joan Rivers with Kathy Levine for THREE hours and never tired of them.  Jill or Jane would present silver shows on Sunday morning for three hours and again, they held my interest for all that time.  Things are so different now.  The same handful of products are presented over and over again.  The TSV is the highlight of the day and is in what seems like EVERY show.  I don't know who's running QVC, but I think they're missing the mark.  I'd like to watch again, but I just don't enjoy most presentations anymore.  

Honored Contributor

Programming is so repetitive, I'm beginning to think vendors are paying QVC to sell their products.  

Respected Contributor

they are way behind Amazon in service and expansive product availability.  now they are pushing viewers away, not bringing in new eyes. i fail to grasp their strategy. all i know is that their channels are not where i go any more.  and a retailer needs the "impulse" buy.

Honored Contributor

@alieIt was.   Sad to say, even things we really like change.

I'd rather see them change than disappear totally.

Honored Contributor

Its a bummer, some times I would watch late at night or early morning. I do not watch at all during these repeats!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Can not wait to see the big drop in year over year operating expenses when the earnings are released!  Accompanied, of course, by a huge rise in sales revenue.

Fiscal geniuses they are.

Honored Contributor

Between this and the shipping fiascos, it seems like QVC is in a bit of trouble these days.  And these changes aren't helping their bottom line.  They are likely losing more and more customers every day because of these changes.

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

the Q is now an on-line catalogue.

It's an online store, almost like any other, but with better videos.

I only watch on TV rarely, I mostly shop online and then watch videos of things I want to see in a presentation. I treat it much like Amazon or Sephora and have for many years now.

Esteemed Contributor

If its broadcasting days are numbered and it will be exclusively online, offering nothing to differentiate from all the competition, I don't see how it can possibly survive.

Honored Contributor

Operating four QVC channels and two HSN channels, yet they still have to curtail live programming.  Yeah, I'd like to see proof of that financial windfall next year.

If their focus is to have most of their content and sales primarily online including their Youtube channels and FB & IG stories -- even doing travel documentaries now -- why oh why did they hire so many hosts recently?