Honored Contributor

Re: Looks Like Overnight Repeat Programming Continues Through 11/17

@Juggo28 wrote:

Why not eliminate QVC2 and QVC3 - they are unnecessary and concentrate on innovations on the main channel. The overnight repeat programming of the TSV for hours on end is ludicrous -- at least repeat various shows that were on during the day and evening, rather than the same programming over and over and over and over.

@Juggo28 

It seems the few hours of reruns wouldnt save that much money compared to the expense of operating 3 channels....get rid of Q2 and Q3 instead!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

It's obvious from following multiple threads on this topic that some people will just never, ever understand it or, I believe, they think that the entire world is on their schedule!

As someone who rides NYC subways at 5-5:30 in the morning I can tell you that they are very crowded with workers on this schedule.

Our company has operations in Europe and NY personnel are often at their desks to communicate with them.

But, as we have been told before, we should all be sleeping at this time, not getting ready to go to work!   Being scolded by other posters about this is getting very, very old.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

It's obvious from following multiple threads on this topic that some people will just never, ever understand it or, I believe, they think that the entire world is on their schedule!

As someone who rides NYC subways at 5-5:30 in the morning I can tell you that they are very crowded with workers on this schedule.

Our company has operations in Europe and NY personnel are often at their desks to communicate with them.

But, as we have been told before, we should all be sleeping at this time, not getting ready to go to work!   Being scolded by other posters about this is getting very, very old.

@Johnnyeager 

WELL SAID!!!!  

When Im not working from home I have to  leave my house at 6AM to beat the traffic and arrive at work on time.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'm with the posters who suggest getting rid of QVC2 & QVC3.  As has been said, they have to be way more costly than the nighttime programming that they have elected to discontinue.  I rarely watch QVC2 and NEVER  watch QVC3.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Johnnyeager 

WELL SAID!!!!  

When Im not working from home I have to  leave my house at 6AM to beat the traffic and arrive at work on time.....

Similar schedule @Spurt .  When I don't work from home, I leave between 5:30am - 5:45am just to get to the office.

Honored Contributor

I think we will be seeing more changes in Executives in the not so distant future .....JMHO.....  This one from Disney seems to be going by theme park hours....Woman LOL

Gee I miss former QVC USA Exec good ole Ms. Claire from Walmart....

Esteemed Contributor

She's been lauded for her Theme Park expertise at Disney, so perhaps she has a QVC Wonderland Park in the works.

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

It's a sign of things to come.  QVC is moving towards an online store with limited presentations in order to compete with giant companies like Amazon.  They had to be losing money with overnight programming or they wouldn't have made this move.  I'm disappointed that live shows don't start up until 7 since I like to check early shows when I get up in the morning.  I'm not interested in looking at the TSV a half dozen times.  In fact, I don't watch any shows that present the TSV ad nauseum.  I can look at the home page to find out the info I want to know.  

Many years ago, hosts presented items without vendors or if they had vendors, they usually worked on homey, comfortable sets and it felt like they were in my living room visiting with me.  I used to watch Joan Rivers with Kathy Levine for THREE hours and never tired of them.  Jill or Jane would present silver shows on Sunday morning for three hours and again, they held my interest for all that time.  Things are so different now.  The same handful of products are presented over and over again.  The TSV is the highlight of the day and is in what seems like EVERY show.  I don't know who's running QVC, but I think they're missing the mark.  I'd like to watch again, but I just don't enjoy most presentations anymore.  

@Jaspersmom 

Well they have a long way to go to get to strictly online shopping.....the merchandise descriptions QVC currently has available on the website includes very little actual product information---its mostly sales fluff....and if they want to include videos they need to actually work!!! 

Trusted Contributor

It's October 29, and the Christmas/Holiday present offerings have been less than stellar.  I know - we can shop the internet but if QVC wants more revenue, it needs to sell not only more but  better merchandise.  Shawn was selling a $250 throw the other day - WTF?  That competes against the perennial scissors/flashlights/etc.  To be quite honest with you, QVC has a second channel:  it's called HSN and it is a lot better than the Q on most days. 

Honored Contributor

During the height of holiday shopping..... a time when if I were a retailer I'd want to throw everything including the kitchen sink out there as potential items for customers to buy.........QVC decides to show reruns several hours a day. Interesting strategy. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?