Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for Hair Volumizer

[ Edited ]

SilleeMee wrote:

@wildflowers,

I have not experienced any damage or thinning of my hair. I have been using the Voloom for a least a couple of years...no damage. The device has a digital temperature control so I make sure to set it on a safe setting. The 'crimping' is not like you think it is. It's more like making small bumps on sections of hair in the under layers.  I bought mine when HSN introduced it back then. I actually own two of them. One is the full-size and the other, newer edition is called a 'Petite' which is smaller and lighter  than the original...supposed to be for shorter hair but I use it on my long hair because it's easier to maneuver. The petite gives the identical results only in smaller sections. I suggest  finding a youtube and see how it's used.Woman Happy There is a small learning curve but after you get it then you will be so happy with it.!

You can buy a Voloom from amazon and better yet, Walmart on-line has both sizes. It's not an inexpensive device, like around $120 to $130. If you have PayPal Credit then the Walmart purchase will allow you to enjoy a 6-month payment option. 

@SilleeMee...Thanks so much for your reply and answering my concerns....I did see a video when I googled for Voloom, so I will just go back and check it out again....I think I just might give it a try...I've been in the process of growing out my hair from a short style to shoulder length and am at the point where I am willing to give anything a try...I'm halfway there and this sounds like it might just help to get me the rest of the way...I just may end up "crimping" my whole head and be done with it!...lol

Thanks again! Woman Happy

(I have no idea where those lines above and below your post came from...It's Magic!...lol)

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove,

I don't think you want to crimp your entire head of hair. Omg that would look like an explosion in a steel wool factory! LOL!Woman LOL All you need is to crimp nearest the root areas, similar to where you normally would tease your hair. Good luck!Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

SilleeMee wrote:
@wildflowers,

I don't think you want to crimp your entire head of hair. Omg that would look like an explosion in a steel wool factory! LOL!Woman LOL All you need is to crimp nearest the root areas, similar to where you normally would tease your hair. Good luck!Woman Happy

@SilleeMee...LOL...Well, right now I have different layers growing out, so looking like an "explosion in a steel wool factory" might not be so bad!...LOL...I watched the video and would only use it a little around the top of my head where I could use a little more volume now that it is longer...This growing out process is really testing my perseverance!...I have about another six months to go and I should be a ravishing beauty by then! Woman LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I have very fine hair and on the days I wash my hair, I use Paul Mitchell lemon/sage volumizing mist. However on the days that I don't wash my hair, I use Nick Chavez expander and it is the bomb on those days. I also use Nick Chavez soft flocker for volume and it gives me some stiffness to my hair which I need otherwise my hair is so fine that it falls flat. 

@conlt

Just to issue a warning.  I got a terrible allergic reaction to Nick Chavez's flocker products!

Trusted Contributor

@fortune@SilleeMee I use the Voloom as well and I love it. I bought mine online from hsn at least two or three years ago. Thanks for the info re the smaller one. That will be great fro travel which we do a lot. 

Aalso,I’ve dropped my Voloom a few times on tile and didn’t bother it at all. It was well worth the money.