Respected Contributor

@Magicrat wrote:

JT uses it a thousand times a show.  Literally.

Still less often than Josie Maran ...

Honored Contributor

Sometimes it's amusing.  I've heard things such as - it was just so awful that I literally died.  Really?  How are you here to tell about it if you're dead?  Smiley Very Happy

I don't mind it when used appropriately.  

Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick   I feel that way when someone says "I love me some sweet corn".  Why in the name of Pete are you adding me when you just said I.  I love sweet corn.  There you go, fixed it.

Drives me crazy, it sounds like someone never stepped foot in English class.

New Contributor

I dislike --absolutely.  

Regular Contributor

So many words are overused which makes it difficult for me to follow conversations since I find myself counting the number of times they say "basically, literaly, and like."  Needless to say I watch a lot of QVC on mute.

Valued Contributor

@vsm  Wouldn't know, don't ever watch her.  Snake oil.

Trusted Contributor

@Catbelly wrote:

LOL - I agree. Same with "actually"

@Catbelly    I agree...all the words mentioned are over used..."basically..literally..I can't...etc..etc...

For some reason my little grandkids like to say Actually.  
"Did you have  fun at school"?    "Actually...I did "

"Do you want a cookie"?   "Actually... I do "

"Are you ready to get a bath"?    "Actually...no"

Seems like it's the new over used word for the kids too.  😊

Esteemed Contributor

@Mombo1   Agree.  My ten year old grandson uses the word actually a lot.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

This only applies to Mally products but I hate when Mally and the host say "bullet proof" when describing her cosmetics.  What do bullets have to do with make-up.  The descriptions that they should be using is "budge-proof", "water-proof", etc.

But isn't it good to know that if you got shot in the face, your make-up wouldn't budge??

Trusted Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

The word or misuse of the word seen/saw/see drives me crazy more than any other word.  I haven't noticed it here or on QVC but on facebook I see it a lot.  Makes me think a lot of these people havent seen the inside of a book!

@spumoni99  I know what you mean.  There's a group page on FB where the members are mostly from my hometown.  The spelling and grammatical errors are unbelievable.  It's very sad really.  The one that is like nails on a chalkboard to me is "should of" instead of "should have."  What exactly did they study when they attended school?  I doubt they could have made it through the courses I had.