Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson is trying something new

For someone who's trying to sell stuff on television, did anyone else notice how straggly her hair looked? That's not going to increase her sales; I wouldn't have confidence in whatever-it-is-she's-selling, with her looking messy and unkempt.

Honored Contributor

I am sure that Lisa is a good person but I don't understand the following she has.  I also know that her prices are probably marked up to the sky.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I would be concerned about broadening my client base instead of pandering to the tribe.  She liked the adoration more than sales, I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn’t specify carat weight just that many enjoy Italian design but not willing to pay the high price of gold. Actually, all carat weights are available in Italy but older Italians lean to 18K as that was what was available to them. But now the jewelry industry is very diverse.
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

For someone who's trying to sell stuff on television, did anyone else notice how straggly her hair looked? That's not going to increase her sales; I wouldn't have confidence in whatever-it-is-she's-selling, with her looking messy and unkempt.

Last night??? Her hair i thought looked pretty, although she clearly had extensions.  Pretty black dress too.  

Honored Contributor

I almost never comment on Lisa Robertson and have no opinion of her one way or the other.  I liked her when she was on QVC but didn't watch her often. 

I hadn't been to her website in a long time but checked it out because of this thread.  I was very surprised that I didn't like anything that I saw.  Her clothes looked thin, outdated and cheap.  I didn't like her home decor items or jewelry either.  I didn't expect to love it but was surprised that I didn't like any of it.

I've never been tempted to buy from her because of comments I've read here about advanced ordering but having to pay for it when you order.  I've also read negative comments about her customer service.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

She's slowly getting into makeup/skincare. So far she's got a face serum, a lip something or other, gloss or such and an eye liner. Haven't seen the eyeliner in awhile though. Perhpas she'll do well in that field. 

Respected Contributor

I don't know that I would call people her "followers".  I catch her on FB sometimes, but I don't think of myself as belong to a tribe or being a groupie or anything.

I have some of her products and have really liked them all.  Even the skincare/lip products.  I think some of her home items are beautiful, but I really like her Christmas decorations.

Super Contributor

Good for Lisa, she's a smart businesswoman.  You have to keep things fresh, not only for your loyal customers, but in order to attract new customers.

I've bought a few things here and there from her site; mostly bags.  Because her business is small, she doesn't have the buying power to keep prices low.  Many items are a bit too high for my budget, but her sales are good and that's when I often purchase.  

Regular Contributor

I  have noticed that she has beatiful bouses and wonder why she aways wears the same ripped jeans with  them. I know that they are in style but it seems to be the exact same pair.