Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson is trying something new

I think this post was just to keep Lisa R relevant and to drum up business for her .

Esteemed Contributor

I have not bought anything from Lisa since she went on her own, and won’t start now. I wish her luck. But agree with others that her “tribe” and “star” power are not enough to keep her going strong.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a lovely show!

I am so happy FB let me in to watch.

Watching the Lisa w/ David Markstein was just great and they even had some beautifu and affordable pieces. I am thinking about one of the crosses for my sister but haven't decided fully.

Seeing Chaz with his edgy hair style on the Q earlier tonight and then Lisa after on FB made it seem like Monday night from many years ago and made me smile several times!!

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

I think this post was just to keep Lisa R relevant and to drum up business for her .

I disagree, totally. 

In fact, quite the opposite.

Trusted Contributor

I have never met a dollar I couldn't spend, but recently, after cleaning out my parents' house and then looking at my own:  wow, I bought a lot of stuff I never used or wore.  Marie Kondo was right!  So I have stopped buying for the most part from any company, including Lisa's, until I have my house de-accessioned to the bone.  I do enjoy watching her on Monday nights - it's like old home week in a way.  It is interesting to compare what Jill Bauer is now doing to what Lisa has done - two different paths after many years in the spotlight.  

Esteemed Contributor

I was not a fan of LR but do get her newsletters re the previews. I don’t have FB. I have purchased earrings from her site and have been pleased with them, generally but a couple of pairs fell apart but I’m very hard on them. I really don’t care for her clothing especially the very billowy tops. I did purchase a peasant blouse but quality was not nice. I also purchased the Provence canvas mini tote which I like but I really have no need for handbags as I am retired. Her artificial tulips are lively and realistic.

I think the gowns belonged to the designer and just loaned to QVC. I bet she wears the frayed jeans. The Italian jewelry she sells is not of the same quality sold at QVC at one time nor what Italians really wear. They love their gold. I guess with increased pricing of gold, the small factories have resorted to other alloys mixed in rather than full gold for those who love Italian design but can’t afford the real thing. That’s what Lisa sells. But, she does have limited high end pieces time to time so maybe the FB presentation will be true Italian pieces.
Esteemed Contributor

I really don’t like the jewelry line and especially the big rings. But, I do like her earrings & they aren’t pricey so if I loose one or it breaks I’m not too upset. I think the elaborate big rings are out of touch and the look is more minimalist today. I have big rings and they’ve been in my jewelry box since I’ve retired
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched some of the recording this am. Most of the items were advanced order to ship out in August. But you have to pay in full when you order, nothing  unusual about that on her advanced orders. I wasn't interested in a lot of the background info she was giving on her Italy experiences so did some fast forwarding thus might have missed something but a lot of the items presented she's had before. 

I give her and her "team" kudos for forging ahead and doing that show outside in the intense heat they are having in that neck of the woods. 

Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:
I was not a fan of LR but do get her newsletters re the previews. I don’t have FB. I have purchased earrings from her site and have been pleased with them, generally but a couple of pairs fell apart but I’m very hard on them. I really don’t care for her clothing especially the very billowy tops. I did purchase a peasant blouse but quality was not nice. I also purchased the Provence canvas mini tote which I like but I really have no need for handbags as I am retired. Her artificial tulips are lively and realistic.

I think the gowns belonged to the designer and just loaned to QVC. I bet she wears the frayed jeans. The Italian jewelry she sells is not of the same quality sold at QVC at one time nor what Italians really wear. They love their gold. I guess with increased pricing of gold, the small factories have resorted to other alloys mixed in rather than full gold for those who love Italian design but can’t afford the real thing. That’s what Lisa sells. But, she does have limited high end pieces time to time so maybe the FB presentation will be true Italian pieces.

Italians wear 18 karat gold jewelry.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@kittykatkayhow long will one have to wait to receive their items?  Are they all advanced order like the Q does often?  Are they available right away?  I don't have facebook, but I sure would get my daughter to log on so I could watch with her.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life