Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson is trying something new

In my media market (Phoenix) L.R. does  a nightly infomercial for knife s, grocery boxes and something else.  Same ad, every night ("trust me when I tell you...").

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

In my media market (Phoenix) L.R. does  a nightly infomercial for knife s, grocery boxes and something else.  Same ad, every night ("trust me when I tell you...").

@patbz .....I have heard several people mention those "infomercials" on Lisa's FB page, but I have never seen them on my channels.  I must not be watching the right station, lol.

Anyway, seems like she is doing the same exact thing as she did at the Q....selling items to an audience.  I wonder if she ever regrets leaving the Q.  I think she does, no matter what she says.

Respected Contributor

Oh my, with all the jewelry channels on TV I would not think that, that would be a good idea.

I never really would watch the channels that had the cheap jewelry on because it was not entertaining enough for me. 

I like the ones that have ONLY one piece that the callers bid on BUT each piece would be a knock out.

It was fun watching.  I don't see it on much anymore.  It was bidding for jewelry more for heir looms and investment pieces.  I remember a few from years ago.  Whew, knock outs.

Besides diamonds, of course, I like garnets, especially mandarin ones (deep amber color) a stone called kunzite BUT to be good, it must be color saturated in deep rouge color BUT be see through at the same time.  This stone does not even need diamonds with it.  Emeralds, Tanzanite, rubies and sapphires but those MUST be again, color saturated not the sapphires that just look dark blue.

It was fun listening to the people in the studio talking to the bidders.  It would go back and forth as they out bid each other until finally they would say....okay, gone for...whatever price they bid at.  Loved that show.

Respected Contributor

NOT the least bit interested in LR. Why are you speculating about her business? Do you know for a fact that sales are down? She would NEVER admit to that!

Respected Contributor

HILARIOUS post! Didn't Albany land at some weird shopping channel? Come on, she was awful at QVC. Not a fan of LR, but I hardly think that Lisa considers her competition at all. Aren't they friends? 

Honored Contributor

Since re-sellers like Marshalls can't get inventory to fill their stores right now, it is probably a very good time to dump inventory and get a good price for it.

Just like it's also a good time to dump a used car if you don't need it anymore.  There is no car inventory right now, so they are paying top dollar.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN