Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Vinegar is a natural fabric softener, among other things, and that's what I use.

@SilleeMee White vinegar? and how much do you add to say a load of towels?  I have a HE washer would I put it in the softener dispenser?  Lot's of questions....LOL 

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Vinegar is a natural fabric softener, among other things, and that's what I use.

@SilleeMee White vinegar? and how much do you add to say a load of towels?  I have a HE washer would I put it in the softener dispenser?  Lot's of questions....LOL 

@tsavorite 

Yes, white vinegar. I use a cup for a medium size load. Two cups for an extra-large load. Put it in the final rinse as you would with a regular softener.

Trusted Contributor

I use wool dryer balls.  I stopped using fabric softener years ago. 

Respected Contributor

I keep a half gallon of white vinegar, to which I have added a few drops of essential oil, on my dryer.  I have an HE front loader and just fill the softener with that. 

Trusted Contributor

I like the wool dryer balls better than the plastic spikey ones... they aren't as loud crashing around in the dryer when I have a smaller load and they work well. I don't use any liquid or sheets for fabric softening since DH's derm said how many toxic chemicals are in them. She said if you use a good detergent, fabric softener isn't necessary.