Honored Contributor

Re: Latest one to drop daily paper

@SharkE wrote:

I'd blocked them with my call blocker

Most phones come with them already on them now.

wait till my cordless phones go bad then I'll check to see if it's on the new phones.

@SharkE 

I turned the newspaper into the Better Business Bureau and the calls stopped...

You should read our papers yelp reviews on the lousy customer service....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

We're glad the coupon pages come with the Wed MAIL not paper. So, I won't miss out on eating out coupons. I look for them to start charging or just cut off home delivery of the grocery ad and coupons.

Pretty soon we will be charged to P. Husband said "they already tried that and it didn't go over"   where you had to deposit a dime or quarter can't remember what it was in order to do your business if you were out in a restaurant. LOL

@SharkE 

Although my mother never told us to do this, we did witness some moms having their small kids crawl under the restroom stall door and unlock it from the inside....LOL!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

We dropped ours a few months ago.  It got to the point if you wanted any of the papers with the extra sales, ie black friday, there was an additional charge!

Honored Contributor

Sad

Esteemed Contributor

We still subscribe, but just digital during the week and print on Sunday.  The "extras", including coupons, come on Saturday.

I kept putting it off because we have a great delivery person, but it was alot of paper to handle/recycle and yes, it was getting a little costly.  I read it every day, and I love participating in the comments section.  I learn alot just reading those!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

shot up to over 500 a yr. Just gonna take the Sunday now.

Watch TV and go online. Hopefully, the Sunday will have coupons,

Black Friday ads, etc.

@SharkE  we pay 150 dollars every three months for 7 day a week delivery of the Seattle Times. My Husband loves to read the paper.  I enjoy it, BUT If it was just  me, I might drop it also. But he wants it.....

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

My husband loves getting the daily paper and we'll continue to get it.  I always hope that they won't discontinue the home delivery because he enjoys it so much. 

@gidgetgh  My DH too!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

they would tell me yes, take it or leave it LOL

I never get no special treatment no matter what.

@SharkE   Same here. I called last time I received the bill and told them it was just getting to expensive....they basically told me tough.☹️

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

shot up to over 500 a yr. Just gonna take the Sunday now.

Watch TV and go online. Hopefully, the Sunday will have coupons,

Black Friday ads, etc.

My local paper costs $1000 a year for home delivery. It is $520 for weekends. I pay $221 for a digital copy. I enjoy the real thing, but it is too expensive. I get a national digital paper for $48 a year. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our paper keeps going up too. But I just can't imagine my day without sitting and reading the paper. I guess I'm old school but I really enjoy it. 

I don't understand why the paper is getting so thin now. It certainly can't be for a lack of news, there is more going on locally and in the world now than ever before. But why is the paper down to two little sections.