Honored Contributor

Re: Latest one to drop daily paper

When we first moved to Tx they took us to a nice community where all the mailboxes were grouped together and you had to get in car and drive there daily. We hollered "no way "! All my QVC packages would be long gone or I guess you would have to go to post office to get pkg's. We wanted no part of that .

I think now days in all the new subdivisions that's how it is though because it's easier on the postal folks.

Honored Contributor

We're glad the coupon pages come with the Wed MAIL not paper. So, I won't miss out on eating out coupons. I look for them to start charging or just cut off home delivery of the grocery ad and coupons.

Pretty soon we will be charged to P. Husband said "they already tried that and it didn't go over"   where you had to deposit a dime or quarter can't remember what it was in order to do your business if you were out in a restaurant. LOL

Honored Contributor

Creatures of habit....DH and I enjoy reading paper in the morning with coffee.  We used to subscribe to two papers and cut down to one.  Prices keep going up but amazing how quickly they will give you a better rate if they think you plan to cancel.   I just got a better rate  with AT&T asking as well.  Just like getting a hotel room....ask.."is this your best rate?"  

Honored Contributor

they would tell me yes, take it or leave it LOL

I never get no special treatment no matter what.

Honored Contributor

After reading how so many of you got the price reduced, I'll give them a call when our renewal notice arrives. Have paid in one annual installment a year faithfully. I'm telling them we deserve a break, like a senior discount.

Honored Contributor

I stopped buying newspapers about 10 years ago.   I haven't watched TV News since the 1990s.

All the papers are online - and there are plenty of websites where I can read both sides of the story.   All kind of email alerts for local news items.  

All the places I shop have daily sales emails announcing sales and coupons.

Honored Contributor

I dropped my paper years ago not because of the costs, but poor delivery service, especially on Sunday..... I talked to delivery people, managers, supervisors nothing helped....so I canceled....then they called non-stop harrassing me to subscribe to a digital version....I told them to STOP CALLING  I gave them enough chances to have me as a customer but they lost the opportunity with their lousy customer service....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'd blocked them with my call blocker

Most phones come with them already on them now.

wait till my cordless phones go bad then I'll check to see if it's on the new phones.

Honored Contributor

We have had 2 newspapers delivered for over 40 years. One local (Bucks County) and one Philadelphia. But since both are over $500 a year. We keep talking about dropping one newspaper.

Many mornings the front page is pretty much the same exact stories. They are from writers from the Washington Post. Once in awhile they mix it up and use Associated Press. And often the pictures are also the same. So why are we bothering to get two different newspapers when they say the same thing. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

shot up to over 500 a yr. Just gonna take the Sunday now.

Watch TV and go online. Hopefully, the Sunday will have coupons,

Black Friday ads, etc.

Wow, I remeber as a kid having to cut out newspaper articles for current evints at school.  I loved the paper on Sundays because my comics were in color.  Back then it was a big deal, and I always read the current section.  Sunday papers were huge.I see Sunday papers now they remind me of a week day paper.    At one point on weekdays we had a morning paper and evening paper.