Honored Contributor

Latest one to drop daily paper

shot up to over 500 a yr. Just gonna take the Sunday now.

Watch TV and go online. Hopefully, the Sunday will have coupons,

Black Friday ads, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Latest one to drop daily paper

Oh wow.  What newspaper is this?  If you don't mind my asking....

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Yes, that's about the going rate now for a daily paper.  You pay quarterly, so it doesn't seem like as much, but when you look at the total.....OMG!  With ours, you can just get 3 days a week and be allowed full internet access.  My problem with that is that I'm on a darned computer all day long already!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stopped our newspaper 6 years ago.  So did many others.  They decided to publish only 3 days a week charging the same when it was 7 days.  $287 six years ago for 3 days.

Since so many don't get the paper anymore, coupons and ads are delivered by USPS. 

Honored Contributor

I'm so conflicted about the dailu paper thing, not just because I like to read print rather than digital but because a free press has always been important to our democracy.  But it is expensive.

Respected Contributor

Wow. I subscribe to 3 newspapers, and that one paper costs more than I pay for digital access to the New York Times, the Dallas Morning News, and the Washington Post.

Respected Contributor

This post sure hits home!  We dropped our daily paper after subscribing for probably 30 years about a month ago.   The subscription was now up to around $600 a year.  I really hated to do it because we loved being able to sit and read the paper but it just got more expensive and thinner (some days only had two sections).  Plus when we were gone and had the paper stopped they did not reimburse us for the missed papers because we could go online and read the online edition which isn’t something we like to do. 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Stopped our newspaper 6 years ago.  So did many others.  They decided to publish only 3 days a week charging the same when it was 7 days.  $287 six years ago for 3 days.

Since so many don't get the paper anymore, coupons and ads are delivered by USPS. 

I hope so !  my sister wants my Burger King coupons LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Oh wow.  What newspaper is this?  If you don't mind my asking....

I live in Amarillo, Tx

Amarillo Globe News

@Puppy Lips

Honored Contributor

save husband a trip out to the curb everyday LOL

turn on GMA and get the gist of what's going on