Respected Contributor

I was watching a game show this morning and the couple introduced told the story that when they got married they BOTH changed their last name to Love. 

It made me smile Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Wonder if they'll later change it to "divorce"?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

LOL kachina!

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, but that seems silly to me. A hyphenated name might have worked, to keep the family’s heritage alive, but picking a name at random, even if it’s Love, seems foolish.

Esteemed Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I was watching a game show this morning and the couple introduced told the story that when they got married they BOTH changed their last name to Love. 

It made me smile Smiley Happy

It made you smile, it makes me suspicious.

"Send your love donations to brother and sister Love..."

Esteemed Contributor

That's a nice reminder, when things get tough (as they will) of why they forged the commitment.  Very easy to spell, too!

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

There are actual people born with that name in my former home town.

Honored Contributor
There is the landmark US Supreme Court case Loving vs Virginia that struck down state law prohibiting interracial marriages. For years I thought the ACLU (whose attorneys represented the plaintiffs ) chose that couple to represent because really, how could the Court rule against the LOVING couple. But no....Mrs. Loving wrote a letter to Attorney General Bobby Kennedy asking him to help since she and her husband had been jailed in Virginia for marrying, and Kennedy gave her letter to the ACLU telling them to help.
Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Sorry, but that seems silly to me. A hyphenated name might have worked, to keep the family’s heritage alive, but picking a name at random, even if it’s Love, seems foolish.

a friend of mine got a divorce. she did not want to keep her married last name and she did not want to go back to her maiden name. she chose a name at random out of a telephone book and went with that.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Wonder if they'll later change it to "divorce"?

Or HATE