Honored Contributor

Gordon Lightfoot Postpones Midwest Tour Due To Leg Injury

[ Edited ]

Gordon Lightfoot tripped over a bench and injured his leg over the summer, and cancelled some of his summer Canadian tour.  He was supposed to be OK in time for his fall Midwest tour but has now postponed his concerts in the midwest that would have taken place in Sept.and October and possibly November?  I'm not quite sure I understand which months according to an email I got from the woman who runs his fan club news which says he can tour at the end of October but November concerts are also postponed (huh?) :

"

Gordon Lightfoot Sept Concerts & 3 Oct Concerts Postponed - Rescheduling ...

September 20, 2019 — Gordon's concerts from September 19th through October 9th have all been postponed. This should allow plenty of time for his leg injury to heal and for him to be ready to go back on tour starting October 24th. Also,  November 5th, 6th and 7th are postponed.

Super Contributor

Re: Gordon Lightfoot Postpones Midwest Tour Due To Leg Injury

[ Edited ]

80 years old & still touring? Wow! Amazing!!  Hope he gets back up soonSmiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonappetit wrote:

80 years old & still touring? Wow! Amazing!!  Hope he gets back up soonSmiley Happy 

@bonappetit   I've seen him over 20 times in concert, dating back over 40 years.  Love him.  But his voice isn't what it used to be at all.

I had a ticket to see him again three or four years ago, which involved a two-hour drive for me, and it was canceled due to his illness.  After that I told myself that I've seen my last live Lightfoot concert.  In the end, I opted not to keep my ticket (which was in the second row) for his rescheduled concert, but I took the cash back and applied it to see Sir Paul McC. for the third time live.  I think that was money well spent!  Heart

Respected Contributor

Love him!

I hope he is okay!

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee

My friend, I am SO totally jealous!!! I cannot believe you have seen him so many times in concert! One of the ALL TIME GREAT VOICES in music. I adore "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" and I could sing you every lyric of most of his songs.
You have excellent taste! I hope he makes a fast recovery, and I am sorry you missed him this time. Hopefully you can see the rescheduled concert.

"Every highway, let me slip away, slip away on you...."🎵
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3. Lol I think auto correct changed the word carefree in you post for the great song Carefree Highway.

Yes I've been seeing Gordo anywhere within driving distance since the early 70s a very long time. For the past 15 yrs or so I have either been in the first or second row center and one time I could just about reach out and touch him. For a while I was seeing him so often that I knew he recognized me there up front.

Anyway I think you misread my post above. I'm not going to see him again which I decided a few years ago after a concert I had tickets for was canceled.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee

Lolol...Well, that post sure was a mess! Auto correct and wrong reading of your post...sorry, Ms. Pearley!💜

Now I understand! I'm three hours behind out here, in more ways than one. 🙃
Super Contributor

I LOVE Gordon Lightfoot.  Listen to him almost everday while in the car.  He was one of the BEST!!!!  Love to watch him on You Tube.

What an amazing talent he was!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

DH and I saw him at the Orleans a couple of years ago when he was in town.  He was fabulous and put on a good show.  Came across as humble and grateful for the very large crowd.  Hope he will be OK.  Injuries are tough to overcome at that age.

Respected Contributor

I’ve seen him several times through the years.  Got to meet him at a “meet and greet” a friend arranged for me to attend....he was very sweet and gracious, and autographed my program.  Alas..before cell phones, so no picture.

He is such a gifted songwriter and singer....a fabulous career.  Hope he can keep performing for as long as he wishes.