Honored Contributor

Even though it's a bit crazy, it's better than the female changing her name which goes back to the days when the woman became the man's property after marriage.

Honored Contributor

Re: Last name change

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Wonder if they'll later change it to "divorce"?

All right now @Kachina624 you've gone and done it... You made me laugh out loud...

Each to their own, I guess, but some people really are so dim... Then again, I suppose 'Love' is only a little worse than hyphenating...

Woman Surprised  Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I taught two students from a family with the last name of Love. 

Sadly, no love there... they got divorced.

Respected Contributor

How silly

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

LOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gif

Wonder if they'll later change it to "divorce"?

@Kachina624 283917.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

They probably got caught up in the cute-ness of it -- but sincerely, some people go through life not liking their names. A lady I worked with had her husband change his name to her last name. His last name is Pain and he never liked it. She had a great last name. Can't stand my first name. Go by the middle. Awful first name. Same with husband -- named after a dead relative with a really, crummy name. So - I kinda get it about changing names. Wish I would have dropped the first name when I was 21.       

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I think both parties changing their name is an excellent idea. Universally taking the males name is sexist. Period.