Honored Contributor

Today while at my DDS ,he brought this character up. He was visibly upset. He is an alum of the college, that this person worked for

It seems he got a letter from the president of the college, saying something to the effect ,the school had to protect itself from lawsuits, and things to that effect

He is such a nice man, and a father, and grandfather, and devoted husband, he was  just irate.  He said those young girls had their lives ruined by this man ,and the uni stood by and did nothing

He an his wife ,and family ,are all devout Christians,  and not in name only. He was just appalled at this.  I am bringing this up because, I know he is telling the truth about the letter

He said he couldn't believe, the president ,who is female, could be so heartless and cold

I asked him if he thought they knew what was going on, and he told me he was sure they must

I haven't followed this , because it was so disturbing. I asked my DDS if he felt that the people knew ,and covered it up. He said of course they knew...

Do you think these people even have a conscience  ?

Valued Contributor

Re: Larry Nasser

[ Edited ]

Simple answer. No they haven't a conscience at all. All they have ever thought of is protecting themselves and the "good name of the school". The children that were harmed, they mean nothing.  

Esteemed Contributor

Michigan State is a huge university, we can't blame the entire college.  If the girl's own parents didn't know it went on in front of their eyes, any complaint had to be hard to prove.

Everyone has learned a lot from this horrible case, one can never be too careful.

Honored Contributor

There were so many girls violated, I just can't believe they didn't know, and that letter  just confirmed it for me

Esteemed Contributor

Every person that enabled his disgusting behavior should be held accountable!! Some need to go to jail & others need to be fired.They allowed this predator to feast on close to 300 young girls!!.Of course they knew. How could they not know!!

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely they knew and did nothing. After all, they have a huge alumi population that keeps those dollars flowing in. So they can pay their coaches millions.

I don't think there's any coincidence that the longtime county prosecutor during all these years just got out of jail himself.

Interest in underage girls put the prosecutor in jail, too.

Honored Contributor

My poor DDS was so upset. I'm sure if he felt it was  just inexcuseable on the part of the Pres and her  minions

Both him and his wife, and his brother, are alum ,and they all  feel the same way @Snowpuppy

Honored Contributor

Re: Larry Nasser

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Michigan State is a huge university, we can't blame the entire college.  If the girl's own parents didn't know it went on in front of their eyes, any complaint had to be hard to prove.

Everyone has learned a lot from this horrible case, one can never be too careful.

Some parents knew, and some even reported. Nothing was done.

Contributor

I don't understand how at least some of the parents of these 300 girls also didn't know, or at least suspect.  Out of 300 girls, surely some of them must have told their parents?  Didn't some of the parents at least complain to the school?

Honored Contributor

Of course they knew, as in were told. They will lie through their teeth forever, but I’m sure things have come out in court that have demonstrated there was no way they did not know. They can claim it until the day they die, but no one could possibly believe it.

Did every single employee of the university know? No. Did at the least some few people who were directly relevant to Nasser and his job and the team know? Of course they did, and could have stopped it long ago. 

Coaches would have been told; coaches said nothing. I no longer have any respect for the Karolyis, and had little enough before. I don’t think a single person involved ever respected the girls as individuals, or felt they should do anything because what the heck, hahaha funny joke on them, good ol’ boys, etc.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all