Honored Contributor

Re: Lands End Returns…

[ Edited ]

@amyb wrote:

First time purchasing online with them a few weeks ago...a bathing suit that didn't work out that I returned.

I noticed they deducted $16+ from the credit...I'm assuming shipping to and from? That's a lot! I guess I should be asking them or reading their return policy, which I will. But I know, also, many of you shop with them, so if you know, feel free to pipe in.

@amyb   Me again.  LOL

EDIT:  I made a mistake in this post.  If you ordered less than $99 worth of merchandise, your shipping rate TO YOU is $9.00

Your RETURN shipping rate is $6.95

So yes, that equals 15.95 in total shipping charges which will be deducted from your credit.  Unless your state also charges tax on shipping-that would add extra so that your credit is less both shipping and the tax on it.

Still contact customer service though to make sure this is what happened.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mspemberley wrote:

Lands Ens returns to Kohls are free. And you get free shipping from LE with minimum $99 order. Earlier this summer I ordered extra items to reach my minimum order because I knew I could return for free.....I ended up keeping everything. Shipping was fast, too.

@mspemberley     You can return for free but you have to check off the box that indicates "Merchandise Credit" instead of "Refund Original Method of Payment".

They mail the merchandise credit to you.

Unless there is a blatant mistake or defect, return shipping is always charged $6.95.  You can also use your own preferred shipping carrier instead of the LE label.

As far as the free shipping for a minimum order of $99-if you sign up for emails you will often receive a promo for a certain % off AND free shipping, no minimum. 

They will also send out catalogues which will have that special promotion from time to time.

I have started to take a merchandise credit in order to get a free return from Lands' End; I hadn't noticed this option until recently. It is one of those places from which I know I will be ordering something in the future (tees, pajamas, etc.), so it works well for me to do so.

Super Contributor

@amyb  Lands end return policy:  Refunds will be issued for the original purchase price only when accompanied by a Lands’ End proof of purchase. If neither the customer nor Lands’ End can locate this documentation, the refund will be issued at the value determined by Lands’ End.

Did you include that?  If not they will only refund the amount that it is selling for now.  If it went on sale, that may be the difference.

Respected Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@amyb  Lands end return policy:  Refunds will be issued for the original purchase price only when accompanied by a Lands’ End proof of purchase. If neither the customer nor Lands’ End can locate this documentation, the refund will be issued at the value determined by Lands’ End.

Did you include that?  If not they will only refund the amount that it is selling for now.  If it went on sale, that may be the difference

I did. I'll call them today and see what the deal is.

Respected Contributor

Lands End's response:

I couldn't copy paste here but in essence...they deduct for both original ship cost and for "flat fee return label" too..."unless it is for defective" reasons, or an "error on their part."

So I don't know if those of you who only were charged $6.95 had a "defective" return, but otherwise, it seems they are telling me they deduct my original ship costs AND charge for the return label too. Anyhoo...whatever, I guess lesson learned, I'm getting sick of all the online shopping lately, returns, trying to figure out sizing...exhausting.

I also ordered a suit from Venus this summer...did the same due diligence...fit much more true to size, no problemo.  I returned one piece only...was only deducted return label with them.

I told Lands End I did my due diligence, spoke with a rep who gave me specific measurements, I measured myself, went by their advice for sizing, and it was too tight. Didn't fit true to size. I'm a size 4 pant, size XS/S on top. I bought a size 6 bottom of the suit, size 4 on top, as I usually do with bathing suits (size up a size to be comfortable and just in case they are tiny)...all based on their advice and size chart. Fit more like a 2 on top and 4 on bottom. We'll see what they come back to me and say. Otherwise, I'm done taking a chance with LE. Too bad...suit was a nice style and quality. But $16+ to return is cost prohibitive.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Lands End's response:

So I don't know if those of you who only were charged $6.95 had a "defective" return, but otherwise, it seems they are telling me they deduct my original ship costs AND charge for the return label too. Anyhoo...whatever, I guess lesson learned, I'm getting sick of all the online shopping lately, returns, trying to figure out sizing...exhausting.

@amyb   Yes-this is the edit to my post above.  Your shipping deductions were for both to you and to return to LE.

Now they MAY give you credit for the sizing issue;  I never paid for shipping to me with LE but I did receive a credit for return shipping one time because the leg measurements for pants were not the same-one leg longer than the other. Oy.

Good luck.

Respected Contributor

@amyb 

I recently had to contact Land's End several times as I received a gift from a friend, she purchased on Amazon's website, item came in a Land's End bag. 

Took about 3 weeks to resolve, Land's End customer service people were nice but had no idea how to handle the return.  Once they received the returned item they still didn't know what to do. 

Moral of the story don't purchase Land's End items on Amazon when a 3rd party seller is involved which was apparently the case.  Finally had Amazon issue a refund to me (gift giver wanted me to get a credit) and work with the seller to obtain the return funds on their own time.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lands End Returns…

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for all your input!

~So the outcome is, Lands End finally came back to me after my second email saying I did all that due diligence with sizing, and took their advice and suit didn't fit true to size. Which I realize can still happen, depending on brand, material, amount of stretch (man, those Land's End suits are bullet proof tight! Lol)

Anyhow, they were willing to, "as a one time courtesy", refund the return cost of $6.95. So only the $9.00 initial ship cost was deducted from my credit. They've already issued it to my account.
I appreciate it...every penny counts, and I sure DID try to get that sizing right!!

I'm gun shy to ever order again from them, because $16.94 is normally what it would cost for returns (unless, as others have said you spend over $100 and don't pay shipping to you, or product is defective and don't pay shipping back. Or I guess if you exchange they also wave $6.95 return.)

Phew, that's a lot of info! Lol. Such are the ins and outs of online shopping. 🤷‍♀️

I still loved the suit. Next year if I see it again will I try one size up on top and bottom?....lol, maybe. But, I just figured I was good for now with what summer we have left.

Or...maybe, as I think someone mentioned here...I'd order the way you have to, (by phone, I think) so that you can return at Kohl's.

I'd definitely find out my return options first this time!

Respected Contributor

@amyb I shop there quite a bit,and my biggest pet peeve is their very slow refunds.matter of fact I just recieved a refund yesterday,after waiting over 2 wks.yes,their s.h.is very high.i wish I was near a lands end outlet

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Thank you all for all your input!

~So the outcome is, Lands End finally came back to me after my second email saying I did all that due diligence with sizing, and took their advice and suit didn't fit true to size. Which I realize can still happen, depending on brand, material, amount of stretch (man, those Land's End suits are bullet proof tight! Lol)

Anyhow, they were willing to, "as a one time courtesy", refund the return cost of $6.95. So only the $9.00 initial ship cost was deducted from my credit. They've already issued it to my account.
I appreciate it...every penny counts, and I sure DID try to get that sizing right!!

I'm gun shy to ever order again from them, because $16.94 is normally what it would cost for returns (unless, as others have said you spend over $100 and don't pay shipping to you, or product is defective and don't pay shipping back. Or I guess if you exchange they also wave $6.95 return.)

Phew, that's a lot of info! Lol. Such are the ins and outs of online shopping. 🤷‍♀️

I still loved the suit. Next year if I see it again will I try one size up on top and bottom?....lol, maybe. But, I just figured I was good for now with what summer we have left.

Or...maybe, as I think someone mentioned here...I'd order the way you have to, (by phone, I think) so that you can return at Kohl's.

I'd definitely find out my return options first this time!

@amyb   If you sign up for emails you will receive special codes for a certain % off- usually 25% or 40%  AND free shipping with no minimum purchase.

I receive those every so many weeks.

Also once you order from them you will start receiving catalogues and that special deal will show up here and there in the catalogue.

I have had great luck with this-and have yet to pay any shipping to me.  Of course sometimes my free shipping is due to purchasing over $99 but I also wait for those special free shipping deals.

I'm glad they gave you the credit; LE has very good customer service.

If you feel better ordering online, that is fine.

Good luck and happy shopping.