Respected Contributor

First time purchasing online with them a few weeks ago...a bathing suit that didn't work out that I returned.

I noticed they deducted $16+ from the credit...I'm assuming shipping to and from? That's a lot! I guess I should be asking them or reading their return policy, which I will. But I know, also, many of you shop with them, so if you know, feel free to pipe in.

Respected Contributor

Wow - that does sound like a lot.  I purchase the BF's tee shirts for work from them since they offer an xl tall but only on sale............and they last forever. 

Can you return them to a nearby store? Does Kohls take Lands End Returns? 

Respected Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

Wow - that does sound like a lot.  I purchase the BF's tee shirts for work from them since they offer an xl tall but only on sale............and they last forever. 

My first time shopping with them...it was a bathing suit that didn't fit, didn't want to try again, and go through exchange for another size, by the time I'd get it end of summer would be here.

Too late to ask about Kohls and we have no LE stores in my area, but good suggestions. I've emailed them, as their "return policy" does not even explain this; they omit that info, which I find annoying also. Unless I missed it somewhere.

That is cost prohibitive...I won't be trying them again. Just too hard to determine sizing of things in stores and brands I don't already know my sizing for. The bathing suit was very nice...but also the "sizing advice" I got over the phone and online chat was not accurate either! 

Occasional Contributor

I returned a pair of shorts to LE and $6.95 was deducted.  

Super Contributor

Re: Lands End Returns…

[ Edited ]

Lands Ends returns to Kohls are free. And you get free shipping from LE with minimum $99 order. Earlier this summer I ordered extra items to reach my minimum order because I knew I could return for free.....I ended up keeping everything. Shipping was fast, too.

Respected Contributor

@Jane Roberts wrote:

I returned a pair of shorts to LE and $6.95 was deducted.  

I've emailed them, but I think I will call too. Tks.

Regular Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

According to my experience and Lands End website, only Lands End merchandise purchased at Kohl's can be returned to Kohl's.  

"Kohl's Returns

• Lands' End items that were not purchased from Lands' End directly (from landsend.com, over the phone, or a Lands' End retail store) should be returned to the place of purchase. 
  • Please see Kohl's return process......(link removed)

Note: Landsend.com, Lands' End store and Lands’ End phone orders CANNOT be returned to Kohl's."

Honored Contributor

@amyb   Something isn't right.  The return shipping (using their label) is $6.95 regardless of how many items are returned in one bag/box.

Even if you returned multiple bags/boxes it still does not add up.

Chat with customer service-they are really helpful.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@mspemberley wrote:

Lands Ens returns to Kohls are free. And you get free shipping from LE with minimum $99 order. Earlier this summer I ordered extra items to reach my minimum order because I knew I could return for free.....I ended up keeping everything. Shipping was fast, too.

@mspemberley     You can return for free but you have to check off the box that indicates "Merchandise Credit" instead of "Refund Original Method of Payment".

They mail the merchandise credit to you.

Unless there is a blatant mistake or defect, return shipping is always charged $6.95.  You can also use your own preferred shipping carrier instead of the LE label.

As far as the free shipping for a minimum order of $99-if you sign up for emails you will often receive a promo for a certain % off AND free shipping, no minimum. 

They will also send out catalogues which will have that special promotion from time to time.

Honored Contributor

@amyb   You need to scroll down to the very bottom on their website-you will see "Return Policy" and what to expect.

HTH.

I've shopped LE since the 90's and never had a problem although I have found their inventory getting a tad underpar.