Respected Contributor

We do. I get so tired of people calling me from their cell and having to tell them that their call is breaking  up. And in our area, AT&T has very poor cell reception.

Honored Contributor

None of my calls have ever been dropped or get broken up with my Ooma. It's crystal clear and everyone I talk to on my phone are amazed at the sound quality.

Honored Contributor

We still have a landlline, and I won't be without it anytime soon. 

First, our internet comes through the landline service, and no cable available out here in the country, so we need it for reliable internet.

We just now get half decent cell service inside our home, and some people who come here can't get service, so having a dependable phone service available inside is really important. No one wants to have to go outdoors to complete a call in bad weather or in the middle of the night.

I can have extensions all over the house, and not have to worry about where my cell is. I usually leave my cell in the car, in the garage. I'm just not attached at the hip to my cell phone, and don't ever intend to be. With all those extensions/cordless handsets, I can quickly grab a phone wherever I am around the house.

And I still have one corded old fashioned phone in the master bedroom, so power outage doesn't affect us being able to get or receive calls.

Honored Contributor

When we moved to our condo in Chicago, I definitely wanted a landline.  That service is hard to find but AT&T offers it for a premium price.  We had VOIP and it was awful.  As long as a landline is offered, I will have one regardless of cost.

Honored Contributor

I gave up my land line 4 years ago and haven't looked back.  And my elderly dad (we lost Mom at Thanksgiving) and disabled sister can always reach me this way.  

Honored Contributor

I have a house phone but it is not  truly a landline. I get a bundle of TV Internet Voice.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

Just tried to speak to someone at Ooma Customer service and it was horrible, it seemed she was untrained or had no clue able the product. 

As I understand it Ooma is similar to the Optimum Phone service, it is a voice over IP which connects to my modem.

Do I get to keep my phone number, she could not answer this.

I still am not sure I need a home phone as I said I have gotten a sum total of 5 calls in the last 5 days

@SilleeMee wrote:

No land line here. Got me an Ooma (VoIP) and I couldn't be happier! All I pay is the FCC tax monthly which is only about $5. Saved me hundreds of dollars since I got my Ooma.Woman Very Happy

ETA - I really don't understand why I even have to pay that FCC tax for VoIP because I already pay FCC tax on my internet...??

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I see no need for me to get rid of my landline.  Besides, I would much rather talk on my cordless phone than my cell phone.  Actually, I have several house phones.  Three are non-portable phones, which work in case of an outage.  And I have a panasonic set that has an answering machine plus a non-portable phone, plus three hand sets.  And I live alone!!!!  Works for me!

Respected Contributor

I still have mine and use it mainly to call overseas.  It's costly though.

Honored Contributor

it is part of our XFinity bundle, will never get rid of it, hardly ever use my cell phone.