Honored Contributor

How many of you still have a land line, we have Optimum so its not really a land line. My dad is the only one who called on the line, I have gotten 5 calls on this line in the last 5 days. This line costs us 600 a year, not exactly chump change.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

We still have a landline.  It doesn't need recharging.  It works when the power goes out.  

Honored Contributor

We still have ours and I'm not sure I would ever get rid of it even though I only ever get 1 call a day from our daughter and 1 call a week from my brother-in-law and mother-in-law.  I hate cell phones.

I'm also sure if we did get rid of it, the price of our bundle would go up.

Trusted Contributor

I still have a landline.  I would like to delete it but hubby says he uses it to order pizza. He seldom has his cellphone on unless we're out somewhere.  lol

I think we will get rid of it soon. We also are paying probably around the same as you.

Honored Contributor

No land line here. Got me an Ooma (VoIP) and I couldn't be happier! All I pay is the FCC tax monthly which is only about $5. Saved me hundreds of dollars since I got my Ooma.Woman Very Happy

ETA - I really don't understand why I even have to pay that FCC tax for VoIP because I already pay FCC tax on my internet...??

Respected Contributor

Mine is part of my AT&T U-verse bundle with internet, so it's not truly a landline. I'd get rid of it, but it's cheaper to keep it than get rid of it. The ringer is off and I use it only to take messages. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Different strokes for different folks.  At $600 a year I would get rid of it.  We dont have a land line and dont miss it at all.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

We still have a landline which is our home phone number. Our bedroom phone is on the same number and is “hardwired” into the system. That bedroom phone works when all else fails.

Esteemed Contributor

Dropped the land line years ago and ported my LL number to my cell phone. easy process. 

I much prefer having the $ every month over having a landline phone. I know some people who have a home security system are required to have a LL. Not I.

Respected Contributor

We still have a land line. Won't be getting rid of it just to use our cell phones. We use it everyday and use it more then our cells. Cells we got just in case of emergancies when we are out and about. Much more reliable then our cells for home use.