QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because contains link to another retail site.

Esteemed Contributor

@shell garden- you are right but I think she has changed her lifestyle some.  She doesn't do the exotic trips any longer from what I read and not nearly as much of Italy as when QVC paid her expenses.  She probably chalks off travel as business expenses and has air miles; I think I read she went to Rome for her 50th with Dr. D.  For all we know, the trip could have been a gift and it was short.  I have gone to many of the restaurants she mentions in NY and recently, NJ as Dr D lives nearby and they are nice but not upscale.  She probably has few expenses and no children to support so she does what makes her happy.  I think she would have stayed at QVC under any circumstances if she were not confident in her financial status.   But, even the best investor lives cautiously. 

Valued Contributor

Anyone can call themselves a designer but to be a professional designer, one has to show a new creativity that is different from what is considered mainstream.
Tassel necklaces in any combination of cord, metal, beads and stones are not new and using rough cut stones or chips are an inexpensive way to bring a gemstone into a piece to enhance it's value but at a lower cost to the manufacturer. 
Lisa is a savvy lady and must have all her ducks in a row to be launching her own line of jewelry and I am curious what other pieces that will be offered.   She must have other professionals assisting her with the actual drawings, sculpting and assembly.   It's not an easy task and takes years to establish your line and reputation as a serious designer.  From my experience, it requires being actively involved with designing and making jewelry for a very long time, studying, apprenticing and developing your skill before presenting yourself as a jewelry designer and not a dilettante.  

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Esteemed Contributor

@nonstopshopper wrote:

Rough cut is just that...cut without precision facets. Personally, I don't think it's as bad as some posters describe. I have a rough cut blue diamond bracelet that I love (blue diamonds are my favorite stone). Goggle some pics and see if they're something you would like.

@rickiraccoon- yes, rough cuts have been done by DeBeers and rough cuts have to have the same quality as cut, polished and faceted diamonds and are beautiful.  It is a matter of personal taste.  But, my question was does LR have the expertise or resources to be a diamond dealer.  There is a lot to consider buying an authentic diamond on a website that also may not be secure.  

Esteemed Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

Too much softening of or reduction in pixels to really see what's going on there in the picture to see what's going on with the jewelry. "Rough" diamonds sounds like scrap to me, but someone else may know a lot more than I. Sounds like the drusy sham.

@skuggles- no they are real diamonds just uncut, unfaceted and unpolished and personal taste but you need the same quality control as they are diamonds. 

Honored Contributor

Re: LISA'S JEWERLY

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

why does she hold her face like that??? She looks constipated or something. 

OMGosh... @SeaMaiden, that has made my day!!  I forgot, how come her selfies are so perfect?  Looks to me like she's holding the cellphone & someone else snapped a photo..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Lisa always sort of leans her face at some odd angle when she takes selfies especially with others.  She sort of moves her face over toward the center of the photo or toward other people without moving her body toward them.  I can't really explain it, but it is like she wants her face to be in the center.  I wonder if this pose is something she learned during her pageant days?  I'm sure she has had many lessons on posing for pictures.

Honored Contributor

If you are going to do diamonds, do good diamonds not rough diamonds..... Cheap sub par stones. She is starting out her new business in the wrong way. 

Honored Contributor

image.jpeg

A rough diamond. Not attractive to me in any way. And this website wants $100 for this piece of eww. Oh, but you can open the cage (they advertise) and put anything you want in it 😉

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

There are industrial diamonds, gem diamonds, and all sorts of diamonds,  most of them you don't want at all.  They are used to coat drilling bits. . .