Respected Contributor

I really do not care for the necklace, certainly not well enough to purchase. I think Lisa and I have different taste in jewelry. I like the silver jewelry Shawn wears.

Frequent Contributor

Rough cut is just that...cut without precision facets. Personally, I don't think it's as bad as some posters describe. I have a rough cut blue diamond bracelet that I love (blue diamonds are my favorite stone). Goggle some pics and see if they're something you would like.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LISA'S JEWERLY

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

Two things make jewelry "worth it" for me.

One is obviously intrinsic value -  would I be able to sell the piece or its parts later and make a profit.  With the exception of my engagement ring, I have never owned a piece of jewelry with good intrinsic value --and that includes the gold I sold when gold prices were high.  I would still have been better off putting that money into other investments.

So that brings me to my second value -  do I like the piece and expect to wear it enough.  That's the real jewelry value for me -- and I've had that value from my favorites in gold and diamonds, I've had that value from artisan designed jewelry even more expensive than my gold and diamonds, and I've had that value from cheap strands of beads purchased at thrift shops.

Each of us has to know what makes something worthwhile to us.  Will Lisa's rough diamonds be worth it to me.  If they turn out to have jewelry value to me, the answer is maybe.  I do not expect they will have enough intrinsic value to make them any kind of investment for me.  I just haven't seen that working for me --and because I'm already old, nothing in jewelry is likely to increase enough to make me money.  I'd just have to want to wear them.

Excellent points.  I have too much jewerly now and like I said, I am a "jewelry snob" and only like the real things.  I have alot of Jacqueline Kennedy jewelry and a few pieces of Nolan Miller and Joan Rivers, but I am not in the market to buy anything unless I know I want to wear it and unless I know it is a "steal of a deal".

Esteemed Contributor

@nonstopshopper wrote:

Rough cut is just that...cut without precision facets. Personally, I don't think it's as bad as some posters describe. I have a rough cut blue diamond bracelet that I love (blue diamonds are my favorite stone). Goggle some pics and see if they're something you would like.

Your bracelet sounds pretty!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LISA'S JEWERLY

[ Edited ]

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

I really do not care for the necklace, certainly not well enough to purchase. I think Lisa and I have different taste in jewelry. I like the silver jewelry Shawn wears.

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

I like both but I am not in the market for anymore jewelry right now.  Now if it was home decor, OMG, that would do me in, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@shell garden- I am not surprised....I worked 28 years in the same neighborhood as JR but different industry.   She is not known as the nicest lady on the block.  It seems logical, LR would approach her if she were designing a jewelry line or even a collaboration.  It would be a stellar product, IMHO.  But, JR would drive a hard bargain and "friendship" would not enter into it.  I think JR is a contact but not "friend" and would not assist if she were not involved as they would be competing for the same consumer base.  Madison Avenue is still elegant but sales are not nearly what they were in the past.  Thus, the Excel umbrella and making expensive copies of original designs.  Competition is stiff, especially, with costume lines being of better quality.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: With all the viruses, hacking, etc., I just would be afra...

@shell garden wrote:

With all the viruses, hacking, etc., I just would be afraid to give out my credit card number and personal information on her website....for many websites, actually.  Maybe she will take checks, or money orders, lol.

@shell garden- that too....it is not a verified website and people state it is not "professional".   I would have to do snail mail with a check if I ordered anything. 

Esteemed Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

GOOD POINTS AGAIN, STRAY!!!!  I think Lisa will probably do well at first, but sadly, I don't think it will last.  Something just tells me this is "Plan B" and that "Plan A" did not pan out and she is just going with whatever she can at the moment just to not lose her base.

But, like I said, the fb page and her "vlogazine" is not getting alot of traffic lately.  I think she gets more traffic during her chats with friends or chats about the Voice tv show, but other than that, it has come to a crawl lately.  I think her FB people are getting a little tired of the sunrise, sunsets and food posted.  It does not keep people's interest very long and I think alot of the posters just post to keep her page going somewhat.  It is almost as if she has nothing interesting to say.

I wish Lisa would consider going to a shopping network like HSN because she wouldn't have to worry about the shipping, returns, etc., as much as she would if people purchased from only her site. 

The tassel is certainly nothing new.  I have three of them already and do not need anymore.  If her prices are ridiculous and can not compete with other sites, it won't last long.

@shell garden- I think she is trying to keep her fan base and she may need validation and that's ok; she isn't hurting anyone.  The fans feel that they are her friends and are involved and she gets what she needs from them...what's the harm?  She may sell in the beginning, as you say, if the price is right but very hard to sustain.  Once you become a vendor and your fans, your customers, the dynamic changes.  She may be very disappointed with dissatisfied customers and their reactions.  She may not feel the love! 

Respected Contributor

Too much softening of or reduction in pixels to really see what's going on there in the picture to see what's going on with the jewelry. "Rough" diamonds sounds like scrap to me, but someone else may know a lot more than I. Sounds like the drusy sham.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not interested in ordering from her jewelry line, and I'm not sure that I would trust her website either.  I initially signed up to be on her email distribution list, but I changed my mind because I really don't need all those extra emails and people post her updates here in QVC's Community, so there's really no need for me to get Lisa's email updates.  I've "unsubscribed" three times, yet I stay on her email list. There must be some glitch in her system.