Respected Contributor

I noticed Zulily on QVC home page today has this offer.

Why not offer this for QVC shopping !!!!

This offer is only for Zulily site ........

**** See Details........

All-Day Shopping, One-Time Shipping Details

One order with paid standard shipping must be placed to activate free standard shipping. Once activated, free standard shipping will apply to qualifying subsequent orders placed by 11:59pm pt on the same calendar day. All orders must be made using the same zulily account, and must be shipped to the same name and address.

Honored Contributor

@MorningLoverThe reason has to be that they are trying to build that business and free shipping is a gimmick that works.  QVC's business plan right now doesn't go there --especially with all the increases in shipping so many places.

There's a Zulily popup of a piece of clothing on my email screen every day.  It's never been to my taste and when I thought maybe to check out the site, I couldn't do it without giving them my email.   That's not happening.  That day of free shipping will pass me by; thenagain, I probably wouldn't profit anyway -  I virtually never buy multiple items in a week let alone a day!

Honored Contributor

Zulily has always offered that "pay one time shipping fee" per day, then enjoy free shipping until midnight the same day and you can shop all weekend and pay only one shipping fee...Friday until Sunday.

This is not a new offer,it is their policy.  I hope it doesn't change.

Zappos used to offer next day delivery on shoes and returns for free.  Now I see that has changed somewhat.

I have noticed that if you order a larger item from Zulily, the shipping is higher than if you order a smaller item.  So, I always order the smaller item first, then check out.  That way the shipping on the larger item is free.  It has saved me a few dollars to shop this way.  If you order both items together, the shipping fee is calculated on the larger item.

I have no problem entering my e-mail on the Zulily site.  I have never received an e-mail from them unless I ordered something.  Then they advised me of the status of the items I ordered.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie @millieshops Thank you both .

learn more things from the Q forums!!  Smiley Happy

@Carmie That's a good tip when placing an order.

Always order smaller item first. I've never bought anything

and wasn't familiar with Zulily. I'm going to check them out !

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised Zulily has not changed to a shipping per item charge since that's what Q does. I think sales would drop if they made that change. 

Valued Contributor

We can only hope that QVC learns from the Zulily shipping model and starts to incorporate promotions on shipping at QVC.  I really think it could benefit QVC AND the cutomers in the long run.  If I knew shipping would be free for a day on subsequent orders, I'd probably watch more QVC that day and take more time to surf QVC.com and find additional stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Carmielol-  I suspect I wouldn't be so averse to giving them my email if all those pop-ups hadn't pretty much convinced me they don't sell what I like to wear.  Lots of cute things if I were ever going to be 25 again, but contrary to all the beauty product ads, that is just not going to be.

I'm not totally sure who their target buyer is, just pretty sure it's not me.

Honored Contributor

I just recently checked into Zulily and they have some of the cutest dresses and clothes! I got some great deals on exercise clothes too. It is a dangerous site for me and the shipping is reasonable. I got several things and only paid $4.95 for shipping.I just bought a few more things on a Friday for $4.95 too and then they gave me free shipping until Sunday night! I didn't buy anything else but I appreciated the free shipping was available for a 3 day period.

Trusted Contributor

I have purchased beautiful clothes and an owl rocker from Zulily.  The family loves them and they wear well.  They carry all sizes and more than clothes.  HSN and other sites have frequent shipping specials that last all day.  I also appreciate when items on the same order, shipped from the same address come in the same box.   Recycling extra boxes and stuffing is a big pain.  Here our recycling is picked up bi-weekly.  I try to recycle all that I can so it can be a full time job to do correctly, store and haul out to the side of the road. 

Regular Contributor

I bought something from them last week and it was on EASY PAY!!!!!