Honored Contributor

LATEST obsession: "Flying Monkeys"

This has stayed with me for quite a few months.

It was lost and is now found again! 

I reflect back on how Friday's felt when I was working last year, and this fits the bill!image.jpg

And now, apparently, the expression is becoming more well-known by being incorporated into decorative items:

image.jpg

Liking this this funny expression and this trend! ❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: LATEST obsession: "Flying Monkeys"

What a great wreath for your front door.  I hope the monkeys don't decide to fly away with it.  LOL 

I do like the more relaxing you with an enjoyable cocktail in your hand.  I assume you've joined the ranks of being retired and certainly hope you're settling in in your now more relaxed state.  I know I am.  I love being retired!  Yes, you'll find that same cocktail glass in my hand at the end of the day as well.  Seems I enjoy them a bit more now.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @PINKdogWOOD

How are you spending your days?  Mine ARE very relaxed!

Honored Contributor

My days as well are VERY relaxed.  I've been retired for about 3 years now.  I remember folks I worked with kept asking me what I'd be doing with my time and IF I thought I'd find another job elsewhere and go back to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHAT??????!!!!!  Are you kidding me?

No I've not gone back to work, never really planned to do that.  I do think about it periodically to do something but I haven't persued anything as yet. 

Someone up above had other immediate plans for me when I retired.  A mere 8 days into retirement, my  husband found out that he had - yes I mean HAD cancer.  Took us 22 months to get through our entire process of curing him not once but twice of two types of cancer.  So reality is, my retirement started last October 21 when he had his very last preventive maintenance chemo.  He is very much alive, well, and cancer free.

I don't at all mean this to be a downer for me in my world of retirement.  I still thank God that I was fully engaged in curing my husband.

Now a cocktail or two goes down very nicely for me! 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  I am so very, very happy for you both that your DH was cured... how wonderful.  I'm sure this makes you appreciate EVEN MORE every day of living!

Many seem to have various illnesses, etc. hit just as soon as they become retired...this fear I had became real in a much less dramatic way.

After going to another state to help out with grandchildren (new baby 2nd one), I could not seem to have any energy.  A URI of acute bronchitis hit in June, but is finally under control. WOW -- two months of "the crud."

I am so grateful that I was "on hand" both physically and through texts to help with this!  That is certainly the upside of being retired!  I can devote the time to my family and their needs which a career life almost made impossible! HeartWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

flying monkeys shoes pink socks.jpg

"Dorothy had it right... it's all about the shoes!"

Honored Contributor

Yes I totally agree with you about now being able to be on hand with those who need us.  nI'm happy to know that you too are back in full force. 

I truly believe that sometimes in our lives when we least expect it, something bad happens but in a round about way good things come about to get 'er done right. 

Enjoy that new grand baby to the absolute fullest!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  

Thank you!  And I hope we can talk about your "doins" since finding good health!

Honored Contributor

I'm still working so all I say is Not my Circus, Not my Monkeys (lol)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  Well played, my friend... Well played!