Honored Contributor

Re: King size bed-sooo much work

@froggy wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@froggy wrote:

If you think a king bed is a lot of trouble you should try making up a Sleep Number split king bed! But, yes, it is worth it. I could never go back to a smaller bed.

@froggy

LOL!!! We have a sleep # but not the split. I could not imagine having to climb all over the bed to put the sheets on it.

Must be a real pain in the rear. I don't know how you would get the separate fitted sheets on there. 

I make my bed every morning & pull the fitted sheet tight & tuck back in. I want my bed nice & neat like it is after I wash it when I get in it to sleep every night.

@Nightowlz

If you like your fitted sheet tucked nice and tight then don't ever get the split! I DO have to crawl all over the bed and all I can do with the fitted sheet is push it as far down as I can. It was a huge pain until I worked out my system - if I position each side to Zero-G then it's fairly easy to get the fitted sheets on. The comfort is worth it though - my husband and I like different sleep #;s and different positions for head and fet.

@froggy

I figured it would be a pain which is the reason I bought the regular sleep #.

I can't stand it if the sheets are not all nice neat & smooth. LOL!!!

When we need adjustable beds I will buy 2 twins so it's easier for me to make & wash the sheets etc.

DH likes his on 80. I sleep with mine on 45 or 50 most of the time.

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon  So nice to know other couples like to sleep together (i.e. cuddle and/or spoon). We were not a small couple; I'm 5'7 1/2" and my husband was 6'4". Queen beds worked for us throughout our marriage (1969-2005). I've been widowed since 2005.

Our son and DIL also prefer a Queen. He's also 6'4" and she's taller than me! 

BTW: Both of our parents slept in Queen beds until our mom's were widows. Must run in the family!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I personally would never have a king size bed. A lot of our friends couldn't live without one, but I actually like knowing that my husband is in bed with me. When we travel and are forced into sleeping in a king size bed we can't wait to get home to our bed. Way too big and way too expensive. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I agree! I slept on a double bed until almost 12 years ago when I re-married. My husband had a King when I married him. Now we have a Sleep Number King sized bed for about 9 years because he wanted a king again, and well its too big and yes sheets etc are way more pricy!. I sleep on my side on the edge of the bed knees bent pillow between legs (due to back issues) so why need a huge bed when Im on the edge? lol. My husband stays in place too and is not spread out while sleeping so yes a king is a waste IMO! Next bed will be a queen! (I could sleep on a double but he would prob want the queen size if we downsize). 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

King for us. I don’t have a problem with bedding. And I sleep so sprawled out that there is barely room for my husband! 

Esteemed Contributor

I slept on a king sized bed all by myself for many, many years.  Somehow changing the linens didn't bother me at all.  For the past 15 years I have been sleeping on a Queen bed.  I would never even consider a twin sized bed.   I have four sets of sheets, two mattress covers and two sets of comforters to change off periodically.  Other than that, I don't need anything else.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Love mine and have never had an issues with sheets.  I don't find the prices any higher.  Lots of sales.  And washing, not a problem. As for puting them on the bed no problem either.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA  Just read your attachment which suggests rotating the box springs, too. I haven't ever done that! Feeling like Wonder Woman after rotating the Queen mattress all by myself twice a year.

Do you really mess around with the box springs?? It's never going to happen here! 

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@ALRATIBA  Just read your attachment which suggests rotating the box springs, too. I haven't ever done that! Feeling like Wonder Woman after rotating the Queen mattress all by myself twice a year.

Do you really mess around with the box springs?? It's never going to happen here! 

@BirkiLady

NO re box springs!   Just the thought of me doing that brings spasms of laughter!

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA  Whew! Had a sudden guilt pang of laziness. Thought you were Wonder Woman. HA!  Glad to know we're both perfectly sane about this living alone and rotating the mattress ordeal.  Holy Cow . . . who ever anticipated doing that when we were teenagers?