Super Contributor

Katy has always been more about the production and less about the singing. In fact, her voice is ordinary. It's her showmanship that fans are attracted to. If she Lip synched, which seems to be the general consensus, you still have to give her credit for pulling off the costume changes, the vigor of her vignettes, and the sheer guts it took to be suspended up there moving all over the place on a little tiny platform, strapped in or not. The whole production was an engineering masterpiece of which she was the center, and it came off without a hitch. That lion alone was amazing. My only complaint really was too little of Lennie Kravitz who was the real musical talent in that show.

Honored Contributor
On 2/3/2015 HollyDays said:

The sharks were hysterically out of sync.

That was my favorite part!!!!

Honored Contributor
On 2/3/2015 beckyb1012 said:
On 2/2/2015 cody2 said:
On 2/1/2015 JustJazzmom said:
On 2/1/2015 scotttie said:

I liked the big lion.

It was a tiger.

Every news report I read last night and this morning say it was a Lion. I couldn't tell what it was. It doesn't really matter I guess.

I was not sure myself until I heard the lyrics of the song ""hear me roar"". That just sounds more like a Lion than a tiger.

Someone jokingly said Katy came in on the MGM Grande lion. It looked like a lion.

Honored Contributor

The morning after the the SP, on one of the talk shows they mentioned a Detroit fan tweeted, this was the only way they'd see a Lion in the Super Bowl.

I did not see it but have read or heard anyone refer to it as a tiger.

Honored Contributor

Was watching my New York Rangers hockey game I had DVR'd the night before. Didn't see any of the game or ""the show"".

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Poor.. I can't believe that that's the best 'they' could come up with for a performer at the superbowl. I don't know who make that decision..

KatieB

Trusted Contributor

I liked the big lion.

It was a tiger.

I thought it was a lion too. Not a fan of hers.
Honored Contributor

Haven't read all the comments, but I did like that is was more 'family friendly' than some other half time shows. No wardrobe malfunctions or anything like that.

Super Contributor
On 2/4/2015 RedHeadedWench said:

I liked the big lion.

It was a tiger.

I thought it was a lion too. Not a fan of hers.

She mentions both a tiger and a lion in her lyrics, but when she talks about her roar, she says "louder than a lion," and the mechanical cat looked like a lion to me....no stripes. She has the "eye of a tiger," which may be the confusion. Or, perhaps it's just a stylized wild cat not meant to be one or the other.

Super Contributor

Lion/Tiger probably could go both ways according to her lyrics:

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh