Esteemed Contributor

Joy Behar Might Send Me An Autographed Picture

Cute story...

Joy collects Salvadore Dali art and has been purchasing some from the Salvadore Dali Gallery in San Juan Capistrano, California. I have two of Dali's signed and numbered lithographs I purchased in 1977 and am considering selling them. I brought up the Gallery website and they show copies of letters from people thanking them for the help given them. Joy is one of their happy customers. I spoke with the gentleman who runs the gallery and he told me Joy has purchased from them and I told him I know, and how much I admire her and that I watched her when she had her show.

A few weeks later he called me and told me he contacted Joy to tell her she has a fan who also loves Dali's art and she told him if I sell my lithographs to his Gallery she will send me an autographed picture. Unfortunately, the market has been in a slump for years and his offer was less than I paid for them. I'm not desperate so I'll keep them for now.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

Re: Joy Behar Might Send Me An Autographed Picture

I would try to contact Joy Behar and sell her the Dali lithographs directly. Maybe she has a website or facebook. You could probably at least double your money. I am not sure if this would be a conflict of interest...depending on how far your conversation with consigning at the gallery went?
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/1/2015 Bestdressed said: I would try to contact Joy Behar and sell her the Dali lithographs directly. Maybe she has a website or facebook. You could probably at least double your money. I am not sure if this would be a conflict of interest...depending on how far your conversation with consigning at the gallery went?

There was no consignment or agreement made. His price was lower than what I paid for them in 1977. He did agree, however, because of the information I gave him, they are authentic. There was a period when fakes infiltrated the market.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Is it possible that he's lying just to get the lithographs at an unfair price? If you consider inflation alone, how could they be worth less now than in 1977? I wouldn't sell them at that price.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/2/2015 Ms X said:

Is it possible that he's lying just to get the lithographs at an unfair price? If you consider inflation alone, how could they be worth less now than in 1977? I wouldn't sell them at that price.

Good point. Lots of counterfeits in the art world and some folks push them off as genuine. Maybe he was testing you.

I would rather have the money than a photo of Joy.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Why would anyone want an autographed anything from her?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

On 2/2/2015 golfcartrider said:

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 Hildegarde Withers said:
On 2/1/2015 Lindsays Grandma said:

<em>A few weeks later he called me and told me he contacted Joy to tell her she has a fan who also loves Dali's art and she told him if I sell my lithographs to his Gallery she will send me an autographed picture.<br /></em>

Did he really think that was an offer you couldn't refuse?{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Waahhhhhhhahahahahaha{#emotions_dlg.lol}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 2/2/2015 glb613 said:
On 2/2/2015 golfcartrider said:

Yeah I like her but to me it would just be clutter. Wonder if it would be framed like someone would hang in a restaurant or something.

Trusted Contributor

I'd like her autograph on the check... When I doubled my money selling them to her!