Regular Contributor

Re: Joy Behar Might Send Me An Autographed Picture

On 2/2/2015 cody2 said:

It isn't her "political leanings" that I don't like. It is her nasty attitude, know it all, opinionated personality, loud rudeness and her highly inflated sense of importance that turn me off.

Other then that...she is ok.

Just go ahead and say it...she's a loud mouth northerner.

Super Contributor

On 2/2/2015 kdgn said:

What bothers me about most of the comments is the fact that the OP has said she likes Joy and if the price had been worth it, she would have enjoyed an autographed photo.

Then the pile-ons about who would want that, use it for a dartboard, etc. Way to put the OP and her enjoyment of an entertainer down.

Thank you.

Super Contributor

To the OP: Thanks for sharing. Art is a great investment, but it means nothing unless you love it. Congrats on scoring some Dali work. I have an artist friend who was inspired by Dali to become an artist himself. Hold on to the pieces until you really WANT to sell them. They are priceless to you right now. I didn't know Joy was into Dali either. Interesting.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 kdgn said:

What bothers me about most of the comments is the fact that the OP has said she likes Joy and if the price had been worth it, she would have enjoyed an autographed photo.

Then the pile-ons about who would want that, use it for a dartboard, etc. Way to put the OP and her enjoyment of an entertainer down.

SSDD

Any time I see a fan-type thread here I fully expect to see the ugliness that some cannot seem to just keep to themselves and pass on by. Instead, for some, I guess it's more fun to spread poison.

Super Contributor

On 2/3/2015 lovesrecess said:
On 2/2/2015 tansy said:
On 2/2/2015 cody2 said:

It isn't her "political leanings" that I don't like. It is her nasty attitude, know it all, opinionated personality, loud rudeness and her highly inflated sense of importance that turn me off.

Other then that...she is ok.

I don't recognize Joy at all in your description. My only negative on her is that, like many comediennes, she could never let a joke go, like Monica Lewinsky.

I find Joy's filthy mouth and mean spirited comments very off-putting.....can't stand to watch her

Filthy mouth? Filthy? I don't think so. I've never heard her be filthy.

Valued Contributor

On 2/4/2015 RainCityGirl said:

Her live shows are anything but PG rated, as are Bob Saget's. TV persona can be night and day from live performance persona.

Super Contributor

On 2/4/2015 chickenbutt said:
On 2/2/2015 kdgn said:

SSDD

Any time I see a fan-type thread here I fully expect to see the ugliness that some cannot seem to just keep to themselves and pass on by. Instead, for some, I guess it's more fun to spread poison.

^This

Super Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Marp2 said:
On 2/4/2015 RainCityGirl said:

Her live shows are anything but PG rated, as are Bob Saget's. TV persona can be night and day from live performance persona.

Yes, that's true. Joan Rivers was different on stage than on television. But how then is Joy any different than any other comedian?

Respected Contributor

I liked it when Joy made a complete fool of herself claiming Celiac disease is a bunch of baloney. It shows what a complete moron she really is.

Respected Contributor

On 2/4/2015 glb613 said:

I liked it when Joy made a complete fool of herself claiming Celiac disease is a bunch of baloney. It shows what a complete moron she really is.

She has a college degree in education and was a teacher before changing careers.

She has had a good career and is living very well and happily.

If that's being a "complete moron", more power to her.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent