Respected Contributor
On 2/2/2015 birkin baby said: I love Katie Perry but her performance was a letdown. The sound was bad,her costumes were not so great,and Missy Elliot ....why?She was like a random slide mixed up in the projector. Why not have snoop since he was on a song with her?? Lenny Kravitz was on for a blip and gone. All at the party were not impressed. But we did all say at least it was family friendly.

I so agree with you

Respected Contributor

I thought this was the WORST SB 1/2 time EVER. It felt very young & like an Olympic Game opening or closing ceremony performance.

Who thought that this would appeal to a SB audience? It was more catered to the tween girls out there....who were probably shopping at the mall.

AWFUL

Respected Contributor

I think they should have let Lenny be the main attraction. What a waste of his extreme talent...didn't showcase him AT ALL.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/2/2015 goldenretriever said:

I thought this was the WORST SB 1/2 time EVER. It felt very young & like an Olympic Game opening or closing ceremony performance.

Who thought that this would appeal to a SB audience? It was more catered to the tween girls out there....who were probably shopping at the mall.

AWFUL

I totally agree.

Valued Contributor
I liked it.
Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 goldenretriever said:

AWFUL

Even the TODAY show cast mentioned it was like an opening ceremony at the Olympics.

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVED it. Katy Rocks! I also enjoyed Lenny Kravitz's portion!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I hated it! My sister texted me about how fantastic it was and I was like ""huh?""

I found it hokey and juvenile and the lip syncing drove me to distraction. It was like a train wreck though and I couldn't look away. Someone somewhere posted about Katy having a beautiful voice. How could you tell? They can pretty much do anything with anyone's voice in a studio and all she was doing was moving her mouth to recorded lyrics that were altered.

I thought it was nice that it was family friendly and not trashy and I liked the fireworks at the end but not her ""shooting across the sky like a firework."" That was just dumb.

Love Lenny Kravitz but what was the point? He was on for what? 45 seconds?

Super Contributor
On 2/2/2015 terrier3 said:

Her fan base is teen aged girls.

Even though she has the most Twitter followers of any singer, I just don't see her fitting in the with football "demo" - adults 25+.

She is overrated, not very talented but appeals to kids and the American Idol type audience and some older people who want to be relevant so they sing along with their grand kids trying to recapture their youth. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} I really think Lenny Kravitz lowered himself singing with her. And that's MY opinion.Cool

I prefer watching the half time shows when Springstein, The Stones, and some other legends performed!

Respected Contributor

Meh

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown