Regular Contributor

MEH! Happy it is easily forgettable!

Honored Contributor

I have a ton of experienced studio musicians in my extended family, while Perry's recorded music is successful, the trend of lip synching in largely viewed events just rubs me the wrong way. I'm reading some comments on FaceBook, looks like I'm not alone, lol.

Regular Contributor
On 2/1/2015 SydneyH said:

I have a ton of experienced studio musicians in my extended family, while Perry's recorded music is successful, the trend of lip synching in largely viewed events just rubs me the wrong way. I'm reading some comments on FaceBook, looks like I'm not alone, lol.

No, you're not alone! Again, we agree completely about this. I, too, have had connections with professional musicians/singers/performers in the past, and most of the singers these days can't sing a note without tons of equipment behind them to make them sound half-way decent. Check out Emily West & what she's doing these days.....now SHE's got chops and doesn't need any backup at all!

Honored Contributor
On 2/1/2015 Townsend said:

No, you're not alone! Again, we agree completely about this. I, too, have had connections with professional musicians/singers/performers in the past, and most of the singers these days can't sing a note without tons of equipment behind them to make them sound half-way decent. Check out Emily West & what she's doing these days.....now SHE's got chops and doesn't need any backup at all!

And yet I've never heard of West, lol. My cousins tour with some pretty big names, and the stories of the lack of talent.....well they are shocking and I suspect they are true. Scary.

Frequent Contributor
It was alright. There have been better half time shows. I remember when Paul McCartney performed and Bruno Mars. Those were great. I knew KP was going to do ""Roar"" that song is overplayed in my opinion. Liked John Legend's singing of America the Beautiful but not the National Anthem. I wish people would just sing it plain without all the embellishments.
Super Contributor

Not crazy for it.

Super Contributor

Not impressed at all.

Honored Contributor

enjoyed it! it had me singing along.....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

And yet I've never heard of West, lol. My cousins tour with some pretty big names, and the stories of the lack of talent.....well they are shocking and I suspect they are true. Scary.

Emily was runner-up on AGT this year. She will have a new CD out the end of April, is on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and also has a ton of videos on YouTube. If you like good singers, I think you'll be surprised. Her back-story is a bit different as well. Check her out if you find time.

And Yes, "lack of talent" pretty much covers a number of the so-called "singers" these days. Many can't sing a note without all the electronics to make them sound better. It takes tons of equipment to produce these people. Your cousins stories are, more than likely, absolutely true!

Respected Contributor

Emily was runner-up on AGT this year. She will have a new CD out the end of April, is on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and also has a ton of videos on YouTube. If you like good singers, I think you'll be surprised. Her back-story is a bit different as well. Check her out if you find time.

And Yes, "lack of talent" pretty much covers a number of the so-called "singers" these days. Many can't sing a note without all the electronics to make them sound better. It takes tons of equipment to produce these people. Your cousins stories are, more than likely, absolutely true!

She was also on Celebrity Apprentice a couple of years ago. Very talented.