Honored Contributor

Re: Katherine McPhee and David Foster

Bubble gum marriage.  He chews on it till the flavor is gone, then he gets a new one.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl   Yes, she has sugar "daddy" issues.

@Calcgirl wrote:

She has "daddy " issues. Both husbands are much older than she is.  It also appears if you can believe what you read that she has fidelity issues also.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish them well! We all deserve to be happy regardless of age.Smiley Happy

~~~All we need is loveHeart

Honored Contributor

I did watch RHOBH when he and Yolanda were married. He seemed like a very high maintenance man who liked people to fawn all over him. Yolanda did that until she became ill...That show probably didn't show him in his best light, or maybe it did......Yolanda seemed to bend over backwards to please him too. Oh well....To each their own....

I don't really know too much about Katherine, but she is talented, so we'll see what happens, I guess....

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I remember that right ater Idol, she said she was working on something with Steven Spielberg, which turned out to be Smash, which took many years to finally come to TV. The problem with her in that was thst she was being paired with REAL actresses, not just another pretty face with a decent voice.

When she was on Idol, I remember thinking how she had zero personality, but was very pretty. I think she was raised by a single mother, perhaps, who was some kind of a vocal teacher? Anyway, from marrying her older agent (someone else's husband) and now this one, it sure seems that there are some "Daddy issues."  I am sure she will be fine and that the pre-nup will take care of her. I don't see a big musical career for her or it would have happened. When you have David Foster and Steven Spielberg pulling strings for you, if it was going to happen, it would have. Small parts, sure, just never going to be the main draw.

@Lisa now in AZ  I used to watch RHOBH and after watching his behavior multiple times I don't think he's big on personality either. In fact he seemed quite insecure despite his talent. ITA with you about if something big was going to happen for her career wise it would have already occured.

Trusted Contributor

A "My Fair Lady" type romance is not very appealing, but rather degrading IMO.

dee

Respected Contributor

It has to be money, power and influence.  I am 68 and don't want a 69 year old.  Of course a younger man would not want me.  Anyway maybe she was looking for that father maybe she never had.  

Esteemed Contributor

Old enough to be her GRANDFATHER!

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I remember that right ater Idol, she said she was working on something with Steven Spielberg, which turned out to be Smash, which took many years to finally come to TV. The problem with her in that was thst she was being paired with REAL actresses, not just another pretty face with a decent voice.

When she was on Idol, I remember thinking how she had zero personality, but was very pretty. I think she was raised by a single mother, perhaps, who was some kind of a vocal teacher? Anyway, from marrying her older agent (someone else's husband) and now this one, it sure seems that there are some "Daddy issues."  I am sure she will be fine and that the pre-nup will take care of her. I don't see a big musical career for her or it would have happened. When you have David Foster and Steven Spielberg pulling strings for you, if it was going to happen, it would have. Small parts, sure, just never going to be the main draw.

@Lisa now in AZ   She did have a father.  We were following Idol faithfully and her father and mother were always in the audience.  I remember him quite well because every time she sang he would cry (yep, cry) and they would show him sitting there all weepy.

I do think he passed away a few years ago, but I could be wrong on that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recalled seeing her father in some footage when she was on American Idol (this was the era when I watched the show).  My memory of him was of a tall and jovial Churchillian sort of guy.

Although I haven't read all the posts here, I believe no one has mentioned that he was present in her life.  I decided to google a photo of him and learned that he passed away two weeks after Katharine became engaged to David Foster.

My thought is that he was a very present father in her life.  Perhaps he was so wonderful she hoped to duplicate him.

Related image

Image result for photo of katharine mcphee's father